Home Buying in Haymarket>Question Details

Ellie, Home Buyer in Haymarket, VA

How long a commute will it be from Dominion Valley Haymarket to Main Street Fairfax at 6:15am Monday through Friday?

Asked by Ellie, Haymarket, VA Sat Mar 23, 2013

How long a commute will it be from Dominion Valley Haymarket to Main Street Fairfax at 6:15am Monday through Friday? And reverse trip at 3:30pm. Moving from Boston and curious about which route to take and traffic patterns at those times of day.

Answers

6
Where on Main Street? That is US 50, which exits from I-66 at the 56-mile marker. (Haymarket is the 40-mile marker.) The trip to the US 50 exit should be no more than 30 minutes. Eastbound from there on US 50 (then VA236) can be slow; it goes past the county offices and courts and the old business district (could be 10-20 minutes to get past that -- about the 10000 address on Main Street -- the numbers decline as you drive East). Going back at 3:30pm can be a problem if you're alone in the car and can't use the HOV lane on I-66. Figure on an hour total.
The commute can vary daily but on average it is about an hour during rush hour, maybe a little longer. If you are commuting there on off hours it only takes about 30 minutes.

I hope that helps!

Jessica Sanati
Homestead Realty
jlsanati.realtor@gmail.com
Office: (571) 261-8800
Cell: (202) 368-3494
The others ignored your departure time! At 6:15am, it's a 30-minute trip. Coming home at 3:30 could take an hour, unless you have a passenger and use the HOV lanes; then, 30 minutes. Going: from US 15 South, take I-66 East to US 50 East exit, or if traffic is piling up on I'66, take early exit onto US 29 East into Fairfax. Returning: reverse your morning choice.
Thank you. I didn't realize 66 was so congested. Much appreciated.
Hi Ellie,

I made that commute to Main St from Haymarket every day for 4 years. It can take anywhere from 30 mins to an hour depending on which day it is. Generally Tuesday mornings are your worst but on the average I would say 45 mins if you need to be at work by 9. I have lived in Haymarket since 2007 and know the area well and my family loves it here. I have helped many families move out this way and would love to help you do the same! Please feel free to contact me anytime if you would like to learn more about Haymarket and its surrounding areas.

Paul Gunning
http://www.BuyfromPG.com
PS... I give CA$H back to my home buyers!
As you know it depends on traffics I would say approximately one hour.
Web Reference: http://Www.konniemac.com