sanolik, Other/Just Looking in Boston, MA

How is the real estate market in West Cambridge at the moment?

Asked by sanolik, Boston, MA Sun Nov 4, 2012

Hi I'm a Boston University journalism student writing an article for a journalism class about the West Cambridge real estate market. I've done research about the market but I do need some professional opinions. I've had trouble getting in contact with real estate agents. Can anyone help me?

Answers

5
KatieMiller0808’s answer
I'm not a professional but I am a BU alum who is trying to buy a house in West Cambridge. My husband and I have put in 2 bids 15k and 30k over asking price in the last month (with great financing and large down payment), and lost both times. Lots of demand, very little supply. Incredibly frustrating.
very strong from what I hear
Sanolik

I am happy to talk about the market. Please let me know how I can help and what information you are looking for. I am happy to provide market statistics and any other additional information. We can meet for coffee and mull it all over. let me know
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Can I speak to you tomorrow? Sunday is a busy real estate day. Please look up my profile and send me an email directly.
Also clarify your questions. Do you want to know a long-view of the market, like, has it fared well in the recession? Or, do you want to know if the area is experiencing a buyer's or seller's market in the past six months?
Do you want to know about single family houses, condos, all residential property? How do you define West Cambridge -- zip code? within certain streets? within certain grade school districts?
Also, you have to promise me that you will post your conclusions and answer your own question here at Trulia.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Give me a call. I graduated from BU...BA Journalism.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012