Gretchen Swa…, Real Estate Pro in Los Altos, CA

How is the market in Monmouth Beach NJ?

Asked by Gretchen Swall, Los Altos, CA Thu Apr 25, 2013

Curious with major housing markets improving across the country how MB is fairing. Hurricane Sandy is a factor still? Who are the buyers and where are they coming from those who want to live in MB?

Answers

3
Monmouth Beach is coming back much faster than Sea Bright and Highlands. Builders and Contractors are not afraid of Monmouth Beach therefore there is a lot of activity especially in new construction, meaning purchasing damaged properties (from Sandy) and rebuilding both bigger and better. Other communities not so much.... I can not speak to where people are coming from directly but I can say that people looking for close access to the beaches and restaurants no matter where they are now.
The market in monmouth beach is improving. There is lots of new construction going on currently. Sandy is still in the back of people's minds but also at the same time some look at it as a opportunity. I have shown buyers a few homes in town within the last few weeks all of them coming from New York City looking for summer beach homes.
Like many New Jersey shore towns, Monmouth Beach is still recovering from superstorm Sandy. Although the number of sales is down compared to a year ago, median prices are up slightly, both for single family homes ($701,000 in 2013 vs. $687,500 in 2012) and for condominiums ($300,000 in 2013 vs. $225,000 in 2012).
Lots of people still want to live close to the ocean. Although inventory is down (due to some homes still being remediated), the average Cumulative Days on Market is now 81 days vs. 123 days a year ago. WIth the number of sales being fairly low YTD, I can't make a generalization about where buyers are coming from.

Len

Leonard “Len” Dunikoski, GRI
REALTOR® Associate
Diane Turton Realtors – Rumson Office
8 West River Road
Rumson, NJ 07760
(732) 239-0739 (cell) (732) 530-6686 (office)
ldunikoski@dianeturton.com
http://www.rumsonfairhavenhome.com