Home Buying in Grants Pass>Question Details

charlie67, Home Buyer in Grants Pass, OR

How is the market...busy, slow?

Asked by charlie67, Grants Pass, OR Wed Jan 16, 2013

Can anyone tell me (briefly) how the market in the Grants Pass area is in terms of inventory...buyer's market vs seller's? Soft or picking up? It looks to me like things stay on the market a long time, especially in the 300K up range with 4 acres. Are sellers likely to be open to negotiations on price (ours would be an all cash offer)? Thank you!

Answers

3
The market is improving very quickly here. Low inventory and lots of buyers. The only properties that stay on the market a long time are over priced. Sellers may be a bit negotiable, but if priced right sellers are seeing multiple offers.
I doubt that you will get a 3 plus acres place at a large discount even if you are offering cash . Most of the crash was caused by high rollers buying and selling things in the town areas . Owners in the out of town areas with acreage tend to have a buy and stay attitude more than a buy and make money attitude .The Rogue Valley is a quality area to buy property , pretty hard to get hurt buying here .
In terms of inventory currently on the market, it's definitely a seller's market as inventory is low and competition in the $200,000 and under price range is keen. On the other hand, with respect to prices, we really haven't yet seen an increase in prices due to the lack of inventory, so there are still excellent opportunities for buyers to get good deals.

When it comes to an all cash offer, especially if it's a quick close and minimal contingencies, especially on foreclosure properties, one seller I work with will typically discount list price by 5-7% for cash. Private sellers may or may not be as generous depending on the length of time on the market and their motivation. If you've questions about a specific property and would like assistance, please contact me and we can discuss negotiating strategies.