Home Buying in Quincy>Question Details

J Dub, Home Buyer in Quincy, MA

How is the housing market now in Quincy MA ?

Asked by J Dub, Quincy, MA Mon May 23, 2011

in regards to townhouses for first time buyer.

Answers

5
Hello J,
A simple answer would be: "Overstocked and Underpriced". It's a buyer's market out there.
Cheers,
Ralph Lanzetta
Success Real Estate
617-686-7302
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 3, 2011
In the last year 59 townhouses have sold with an average days on market of 150, median sale price of $290,000 and the sale price to original price discount is 9%
It appears the year prior (2009-2010) the townhouse market was much stronger: 74 townhouses sold w/ a median sale price of $348,750, average days on market was 92 and the SP to OP ratio was 5%.

The drop in activity is clearly due to tight lending restrictions making it difficult for people to finance and just a general slow economy which is unfortunate since the interest rates just dropped below 4% ! However if you have a good relationship with your bank this means you can probably get a good deal on a place and lock in a great rate.

Here is everything on the market in Quincy:
http://bit.ly/mXfqo6
Web Reference: http://beta.territory.com/
Hi J Dub,

Thank you for your question. It's a great market place for a first time home buyer. The quality of inventory coupled with the low interest rates, make it a great time for anyone to buy! There are 168 condos on the market in Quincy. Out of the 168 units, only 47 are townhouse styles. They range from 199,900 to $1,295,000. I'm not sure where you fit in that price range, but there are some nice units out there that you would be happy to call home.

If you need any help with your search, I would be happy to help you out, or if you just have general questions, please feel free to call on me.

Be well,

Eric
I have to agree, the market in Quincy is still pretty strong. I have found that buyers are looking in the lower price range ($200,000 - $250,000). I find that there are not enough properties in this price range.
The housing market in Quincy has been steadily improving due to it's limited supply and proximity to Boston. If you are considering a move to Quincy, I highly recommend Marina Bay which is a beautiful waterfront community. Marina Bay as proven to be a solid return on investment since it was built in the 1980's.