Home Buying in Placitas>Question Details

Desert Rose, Home Buyer in Placitas, NM

How is the housing market in Placitas, New Mexico?

Asked by Desert Rose, Placitas, NM Thu Feb 11, 2010

I have been searching this area and I am interested to know if housing prices have reached a bottom.

Answers

7
I have heard (and seen) a number of Placitas properties, esp.on the north and eastern sides, that have had severe and recurrent water shortage problems. Does this remain a problem, esp.with private, shared wells?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 27, 2013
Hi
The market here in Placitas is doing well......we are on the way up.....prices are starting to rise......Placitas is a fabulous place to live.
I believe we have reached bottom and are on our way back up. Sales are up, traffic and inquiries are increasing daily, all indicators that we're heading into a good recovery. I would be happy to provide you with more information as you desire. Feel free to email me: martha.greenleaf@coldwellbankerlegacy.com
Looking back around a year and half I could not show you a decent house under $400,000.00. Today there are some great buys. The March stats for Placitas came out this afternoon. If you would like a copy please email me at Mark.Wingert@Coldwellbankerlegacy.com
There is no way to know if the market has bottomed out, but there are some signs that prices have stabilized... What type of home are you looming for? Feel free to email me @kwtrav@gmail.com
Still slow but leveling off... I would buy before the market picks up again this Spring... Then again, our country could just take another plunge and send us into the Dark Ages! ;)