Donna Garrett, Home Buyer in Ocala, FL

How is the economy in Ft. Lauderdale?

Asked by Donna Garrett, Ocala, FL Sun Dec 1, 2013

Answers

5
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
Hi Donna,
I'd say it is decent; some employment opportunities are better in some fields than others,
like in most places?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
Our employment rate is good however the median income is not rising relative to the prices of homes in south Florida. Therefore our homes under $300,000 are selling extremely well but once you get above $500,000 the days on market increases dramatically.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
-
Donna,

As a FL Mortgage Broker who gets loans funded all over the Florida, I can tell you that real estate prices in S FL are going up faster than anywhere else in FL, so this can be a sign of how well the economy is doing down in S FL.

But unlike the gentle rolling hills of Ocala with horses, kind and courteous people, it's is a ...DOG EAT DOG... type arena down there and a lot different than up here in the Tampa/Ocala area!

If you're going to step into that world down there, you had better be prepared to be a tough, thick skinned negotiator as you'll be up against a bunch of shrewd New Yorker/ New Jersey/ South Philly type who play a lot rougher than you may be used to up here in La La Land! lol

I advertise in S FL and most of my business is in PBC, Broward and Date. I know how it is down there, so make sure you don't go into battle riding a crippled donkey, swinging a butter knife! If purchasing down there, make sure you get Pre Approved in advance...and then be ready to rumble!

97% LTV- NO PMI
97% LTV- CONDO- NO PMI
90% LTV- 2nd Home- NO PMI
90% LTV- JUMBO- NO PMI
85% LTV- Super Jumbo- NO PMI

85% LTV- Invest. /Rental
80% LTV- Foreign Nationals
70% LTV- Manf. Homes over 90k

STATED INCOME ALT-up to Super Jumbo

90% LTV- Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure Forgiveness
80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop.
75% LTV- Foreign Nationals
70% LTV- Soft and Hard Money

COMMERCIAL PROGRAMS-nationwide

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
#204296

Prior Service: U.S. MARINE CORPS
====
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
Dear Donna,

You are coming from Ocala which is a much smaller city than Fort Lauderdale. You can place your resume with some companies and see what happens.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013