P, Home Buyer in Pittsburgh, PA

How is the area in linden NJ by warnaco park? is there any crime? how are the schools?

Asked by P, Pittsburgh, PA Wed Jul 2, 2008

do the neighbors generally keep up property values? I am looking to buy a house in that area and it looks nice when we drive around. But since I am not from there, I would like to know from RE professionals and people from that area.

Answers

3
Victor Kaminski’s answer
There is crime everywhere! What you need to determine is acceptable levels.

This is a real sticky subject and you're not likely to get a direct answer from agents, mostly because they are not suppose to say, they can provide you with information or better yet the source where to get this info.

If an agent tells you directly this is a low crime area and you get robbed or crime picks up, the likelihood of you suing them is high. The best advise I can give you would be to call or visit the Linden Police department and explain to them your situation and ask them on an off the record basis if the area has had criminal activity in the last year and to what degree.

Going to the source!

I live in Linden and know the answer but am hesitant to say especially without knowing exactly where by the park very large park. Try driving around with the windows down or taking a walk in the area at different times of the day and night to get a pretty decent idea in addition to the above suggestion.

Looking up crime statistics on websites wont be very helpful for this for a specific area, only to tell about a town in general.

If your looking to buy in Linden, give me a buzz and I'll help you find something nice in the least likely areas for you to get mugged but that's no guarantee either. (disclaimer) ;-D
A real estate professional can point you to the information. Check out websites for Union County (where Linden is located), check municipal websites in addition to the school district sites Sharon recommended. Most Realtors have a community link on their websites as well. Good luck!
Dear P,
You can contact the local police for crime statistics. Also, try and find the local newspaper online and start reading that. It is a good source of information on an area.
You can also contact the Board of Education , perhaps look for them on the web and look up all that information that way.
Sharon Kozinn
Web Reference: http://sharonkozinn.com