Susana A, Home Buyer in 19147

How is the area around 16th and ritner for a couple with a young child?

Asked by Susana A, 19147 Mon May 21, 2012

Answers

3
16th and Ritner is a great area for south philly. i'm not a realtor, just a south philly native..
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 24, 2012
Hi Susana A:

Real estate professionals are frequently asked questions that they are prohibited by law from answering, which often seems counter intuitive- but never the less, it is the Fair Housing Act, a piece pf Federal legislation by which we are bound.

Below is a link to an article that will better explain the situation to you regarding our limits.

There are a number of sites that can help you answer your question, first I would take a look at the Philadelphia Police Department's Interactive Crime Map, and I would also check out EveryBlock. EB is a website that is a collection of community voices, you could even join and post your question there, feedback is often rich and diverse. Good luck in your search.

Ana Barlow
Barlow and Birdsall Group
Keller Williams Realty Center City & Fishtown
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 21, 2012
Im not a realtor but selling my 81 yr old dads home (@4 blocks away - mls#6314897). I can answer you honestly, as I was raised there and choose to stay there till my mid 30's when I got married (my husband did not want to live in the city) It's a great area and relatively safe. I say that because as in any "city" - use normal common sense and precautions when coming home late or going out of town for an extended period. I will tell you that you can not find more caring or generous neighbors. make friends and get involved. Your neighbors will help keep an eye on things while u r away, they also help out the older residents by shoveling snow and checking on them in extreme weather. It;s a GREAT place to grow up. I was raised in a smaller "parish" on the other side of Oregon Ave, but I had a ton of friends from 16th n Ritner area. The only negative is PARKING, especially if you have two cars. Check out my dads home. mls # 6314897 Feel free to call me, even if you don't want to check out the home. I'd be happy to answer you honestly! Donna