Caryhomebuyer, Home Buyer in Cary, NC

How is the Tascona development in Cary, 27519?

Asked by Caryhomebuyer, Cary, NC Sun Feb 24, 2013

We are looking at the Tascona development in Cary. The houses are relatively less expensive than similar types of development like Weycroft or Hortons Creek. And the schools are exactly the same. Does anyone have any knowledge about Tascona? How is the quality of the houses there?

Answers

4
I own a home built by Forever Homes and have been very happy with their product and their level of post-closing customer service. Toscana is in a great location in West Cary, bordering Thomas Brooks Park and the USA Baseball Complex. These are wonderful places to walk to and there is a path through the neighborhood that takes you there. There is not a community pool but you can join the Cary Park Pool up the street or you can put in your own pool because most of the lots are large enough. This is a growing area and there are several new communities going up right around Toscana. They include: the second phase of Hilliard Forest by Ryan Homes, the second phase of Green Level Crossing by Toll Brothers, Saxonbury by Heartland Homes, The Oaks at Highcroft by Pulte, Westvale by Amward Homes & Wardson Construction, Fryars Gate by Lennar, and Holland Farms by MI Homes. I also understand they are going to be building a new community across from Copperleaf. Clearly, there is a high level of consumer demand in this area.

I would suggest working with a knowledgeable local buyer's agent who can help you to negotiate the best price. With all of this competition out there it pays to work with someone that will represent your interests and get you the most for your money. Contact me directly at lfain@fmrealty.com or through my profile here on Trulia. I hope this was helpful. Best of luck to you!
I've shown Tascona. It has more of a Mediterranean feel than some of the other communities. Buyers I've worked with who've seen it have chosen Amberly instead. There's no lack of quality in Tascona. It just depends on what you're looking for. Amberly tends to have a bit more modern feel and more light Restoration Hardware type fixtures, more trim, and lighter colors. So does Weycroft and Horton's Creek, though both of these have fewer amenities and consequently, lower HOA dues. I tend to think more like an investor and I think the mobile homes and dilapidated farms near Tascona, along with the city park and the USA baseball field probably hurts it a little. Though some of those things are changing quickly with new builders like mid price range MH Homes buying up the nearby farms to start development. And there is also community of high end homes $800 to 1mil+ tucked in practically across the street.

You've got good taste if you're considering this area. That's where I've chosen to live (Amberly) and I think the whole area has great investment potential.

Hope this helps. Best wishes on your search. If I can be of service, I'd like to be.
Toscana is a great neighborhood in a very desirable location of Cary. It is also very close to Thomas Brooks Park and the USA Baseball complex. More information about the builder and subdivision can be found below:
http://www.foreverhomenc.com/community/toscana/

If you haven't already, I would encourage you to use a buyer's agent to represent you in any buying situation, but especially new construction. A good agent will explain everything you need to know about working with Real Estate Agents, will educate you about real estate transactions, and will work hard to make sure you are happy.

Liz Fortunato
Keller Williams Cary
HomeSellerCary@gmail.com
ph. 919.830.1115
http://lizfortunato.kwrealty.com
"The referral of your friends and family is the greatest compliment you can give me"
I think Toscana does offer good value and the buildr (ForeverHome LLC) has a decent reputation and as a former home builder my opinion is they build a nice quality product and offer good bang for the buck.

Prices have been appreciating over the past couple of years which as someone specializing in buyer side brokering is something I look for.

IT's hard to compare Toscana to Weycroft and Hortons Creek as thier not exactly apples to apples. Both Weycroft and Hortons Creek offer pools which Toscana does not and this is reflected in the HOA fees. Both Weycroft and Hortons Creek have multiple builders offering homes and some of thes builders are building EnergyStar rated homes while ForeverHomes doesn't seem to be offering this option in Toscana.

Overall however if you're not worried about the lack of a community pool or getting an EnergyStar home I think any home buyer looking in Cary would absolutely want to consider Toscana.

I would encourage you not to work directly with the listing agents as they represent the builder and aren't going to do anything to jepordize their relationship with them. You would be well advised to work with a Buyer Broker (if you're not already) and preferably someone who has experience with new construction sales. Feel free to contact me directly through my profile here on Trulia if I can be of any assistance.