Home Buying in Hawthorne>Question Details

Pratikspace, Home Buyer in Culver City, CA

How is the Hawthorne, CA for home buying? There is a new gated community called park side getting constructed right now. So I was thinking but

Asked by Pratikspace, Culver City, CA Wed Sep 25, 2013

everyone is advising otherwise just because of Hawthorne city. Please advise or share your personal experiences. Thanks

Answers

6
Park Village is a very nice development. I would recommend you get together with your Realtor and take a look at it. The did a nice job on that one and it's well priced too.
The Park Side community sounds wonderful, and I concur with my colleagues that pointed out that living in a gated community provides you with added security.

One thing to consider is that for the price of homes in the Park Side community (starting at $400K, according to their website), you can get a single family home in the Wiseburn neighborhood, which is located in the western part of Hawthorne. This safe & friendly community consists of single family homes and it is located in the Wiseburn School District which is a highly desirable school district and is at par with many of the other South Bay beach city school districts. Now you won't get a brand new home in Wiseburn like you would at Park Side, but you will have the wonderful school district and a safe & friendly neighborhood that continues to encourage an improvement in home values.

Contact me if you would like more information on the Wiseburn community, or other communities within the Wiseburn School District.
Gated communities always hold a higher safety and value level than others. In terms of other areas it is just a neighborhood by neighborhood change for home buying.

Do you already have an agent? They would be able to answer this question very quickly?
Have you been pre-approved?

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
NMLS #1056079 http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
As with all cities, there are good and not so good areas.
You can always contact the local police department to see what areas have a higher crime rate.
Susan@SusanBour.com
Hi Pratik
I sell a few homes every year in Hawthorne. There are many lovely areas of the town and some that are not. There is quite a bit of new construction and newer construction homes in the area (Gardena as well). Please do call to set up a free consultation.

Alan
818-489-0420
aglasband@gmail.com
West Hawthorne Del Aire area is pretty good. I sold a 21-unit new construction project in Hawthorne a few years back. Call me to discuss the different areas of Hawthorne.