Home Buying in Panama City>Question Details

Sherry

How is the Flood Insurance rate on a property on West Beach Drive? The property is across the street from the Bay.

Asked by Sherry "Princess" Cohen, 78746 Tue Jul 10, 2012

Answers

1
Hi Princess,

Flood insurance rates most influenced by the elevation of the ground floor as compared to base flood elevation level which is determined by a site elevation certificate as a result of a survey and the flood zone that the property might be in.

If you have an address we/you can determine the flood zone. We will not be able to get you the cost of the flood insurance unless the property owner has flood insurnace and is willing to say what they are paying.

Of course if the home is not in a flood zone you would not have flood insurance cost unless you elected to carry it anyway as a precaution. We did that very thing on a creek front home we had. It ran about $400 per year as I recall.

As you likely know if the transaction is a cash transaction you would not have to have flood insurance either.

Give me a call and I'll be happy to talk to you about it.

Have a GREAT day!

Kind regards, Mike and Vivian Foate
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike's Cell: 850-596-4236
Vivian's Cell: 850-814-2372
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike and Vivian Foate-REALTORS®
Prudential Shimmering Sands Realty, Inc.
7923 Panama City Beach Parkway
Panama City Beach, FL 32407

Kiva.org - Loans That Change Lives! Make a loan and change a life!
See who we have loaned to: http://www.kiva.org/lender/mike2455