Emoney811, Home Owner in San Jose, CA

How is the Fiesta lane(San Carlos Townhomes) built by Roem Builders complex in San Jose 95126?

Asked by Emoney811, San Jose, CA Thu May 2, 2013

Answers

8
Juliana Lee,MBA’s answer
These homes were first offered for sale shortly after the economic downturn (2008). It is only recently that some have started being offered for sale again. The better business bureau has no complaints on record for the builder. The builder has done a lot of building in San Jose and even some in southern California.

Real estate in the 95126 area of San Jose is doing better than San Jose as a whole.
http://julianalee.com/zip-code/95126-statistics.htm
http://julianalee.com/san-jose/central-san-jose-statistics.htm

They could be an excellent home for you. Do you have any special concerns?

Juliana Lee
Top 2 agent nationwide at Keller Williams Realty, the nations largest
Cell 650-857-1000

Over 30 years experience, and many more ahead
Over 1,000 homes sold in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties
.
Web Reference: http://julianalee.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 3, 2013
Hi Blue,

Roehm Builders has been around for about a decade and previously was the subcontractor for many well known and respected developers in the area. They have only recently (within the past five years) begun working and selling homes under their own name. Most of their housing product has been single family homes, but they have also completed apartments and larger scale dense housing in the past.

As far as housing product is concerned, I have watched them build the structures from the foundation up and they do good work. They stand behind their product and when homes they built on Cherry in San Jose had problems with the bathroom mirrors three years after construction, they fixed and replaced every mirror in the homes. Now how many developers will do that...I can tell you, I can count the number on the fingers of one hand.

After working with developers for 25 years, you get a sense of customer commitment from the developers and this is one for which I do not have any problems, and since I have already worked with them, I can tell you from personal experience that I have nothing negative to report.

As always, work with a Realtor when buying any home, including a new home in a development for the best protection for you, as a buyer.

Grace Morioka
Allison James Estates and Homes
Tel 408-426-1616
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 10, 2013
I noticed one of the townhomes was up for rent and I have to say it was really nice inside. Nice grounds and very nice people living there. I guess it was a little to late because the property was already rented in like 6 days.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 9, 2013
I just came across this thread and though I would share since I live in the community. We live in one of the 3 bedroom homes and love it.The homes are well built and have a solid feeling to them. The location is super convenient and everthing is very close by. The community is small which makes getting to know your neighbors easy. The area around San Carlos ST is getting way better in the 6 years we have lived here. Since the homes where built in 09 only one of the 3 bedrooms have been offered for sale if that say anything. A couple 2 bedrooms homes have sold, but the 2 bedroom are kinda small.

Trust me if I did not like living here I could sell and live somewhere else in the bay area.

Yes the homes are single family attached homes(townhouses) for the person asking.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 19, 2014
Ok yea I understand. I found the community was granted for use as a planned development zoning per city of San Jose on public record and commercial space also. I guess the builders are building a 55plus senior community with a retail shop also. I found a house that sold in the complex and under preliminary title report it's states the house ect is a single family dewling. What does that mean? I will get a agent in the coming weeks. I just like to get as much info as I can.

Thanks so much
Hi Blue,

My only note again, is that there is no such thing as a PUD. Realtors have been using this word for years and it is incorrect. Anytime you call something a Unit, you automatically define it as a condominium.

Now as to your question, yes, there is usually a small price difference both in terms of listing as well as appraisal between the condo and the lot in a PD or planned development specifically because the owner of the former owns only an airspace envelope while the latter has a deed that specifies ownership of a building plus the lot or land beneath or around the home. Nowadays, however, with such little inventory on the market, and precisely because so many Realtors as well as Buyers are confused about the "PD v. Condo" issues, that price gap between the forms of housing narrows. PDs still command more money, all things being equal regarding the characteristics of the homes, over condos, but the difference is a bit less noticeable these days. Remember buyers set the prices and if buyers are willing to pay the same amount for both forms of ownership, the pricing gap narrows.

Again, Blue, work with an agent who truly understands these types of housing products and who can properly inform you about what you are buying and the obligations of ownership.

Grace Morioka
Allison James Estates and Homes
Tel (408)426-1616
OK I was looking on line and these townhouse state that there a PUD development and are single family attached townhomes, or at that rate it really does not matter since it's not a condo? Can that be correct and does the two differences wording/styles make a difference in how one would look at price point? Just trying to see what is what when buying.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 11, 2013
Ok thanks very much. I have driven by these and they seem very nice. Thanks again.