Home Buying in San Ramon>Question Details

Mn, Home Buyer in San Ramon, CA

How is the Canyon Lakes Community?

Asked by Mn, San Ramon, CA Mon May 28, 2012

We are looking for houses in Canyon Lakes community. How is the community and is it good for safety and children?

Answers

4
Hi, Mn,

Canyon Lakes is an excellent community in which to live and raise children. No one can guaranty your total safety. Bad stuff can still happen in good places. The likelihood of bad stuff happening in a quality neighborhood is low.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 28, 2012
I'm a gardener in that neighbourhood, and it's really safe. I usually leave my purse in the vehicle, unlocked, and I've never had an issue.
Canyon Lake is a beautiful very well maintained, gated community with lot's of great residents and fantastic amenities. I was actually one of the first persons to ever invest in Canyon Lake in 1969 when it was first opening. I actually purchased my lots for $7400 ea. Unfortunately I sold them just a few years later but more than quadrupled my ROI so it wasn't a bad investment.

However, had I waited until 2003 I would have made killing and probably wouldn't still be hustling RE today. I have several friends who purchased when I did, have raised their families there and continue to live there today. One of my best friends a retired OC Chief of Police has lived there for years and couldn't think of a better place to enjoy his Golden Years. Good Luck.
Thanks a lot for feedback....
Flag Tue May 29, 2012
Hi Mn,
Canyon Lakes is great community. There is a security gate which minimizes outside traffic and unknown persons entering the community. If you need additional information about moving to San Ramon, please let me know.

Have a great day,
Mona Koussa
http://www.ehomesurf.com
925-831-9615