homebuyer123, Home Buyer in Irving, TX

How is resale value on townhomes (coppell and valley ranch area)?

Asked by homebuyer123, Irving, TX Thu Jun 21, 2012

I have heard mixed things from people. Some say that reselling townhomes can be a huge problem. and also the association fees can go up a lot. We like townhomes as they are newer and not too expensive. Please advise.

thanks.

Answers

7
Depends on the developement. Obviously the area is good but need address to do an accurate CMA. Please contact so that I can have more info. I would feel more comfortable about giving a good answer rather than say I think you shouldnt have a problem.

Call, email or text me and I will be able to help further!

John Greer
Realtor/ABR/SFR
United Real Estate Dallas
214-460-8381 Cell/Text
jgreer@unitedrealestatedallas.com
http://www.johngreerhomes.com

John Greer
Realtor/ABR/SFR
United Real Estate Dallas
214-460-8381 Cell/Text
jgreer@unitedrealestatedallas.com http://www.johngreerhomes.com

Your Realtor for Life!

The Seller whether individual, bank, or builder has someone looking out after their best financial interests and since my services are at no cost to you, put me to work for you today!

Buying at the right price now could mean the difference between bringing money to the table or leaving with some in your pocket at the time of resale!

It is true you make your money when you buy!

EXPERIENCE:
Realtor (2006-Present)
Real Estate Investor (1997-Present)
Landlord/Property Management (1997-Present)
Property Tax Negotiation and Representation (2001-Present)
"MEETING YOUR NEEDS AND EXCEEDING YOUR DREAMS!"

I would love the opportunity to assist you, it really all depends on the area. Townhomes typically attract individuals looking for the experience of owning their own estate while not having to worry about anual upkeep/mowing, etc. Contact me directly so I can pull your neighborhood comps. to give you an accurate assessment of your desired market area. Thank you!

Real Estate Consultant/3xUS Army Vet.
Joseph Fernandez
cell: 817-975-7258
off: 817-635-1157

For an updated search please visit my new site http://www.blissful-estates.com
The resale value of a condo/townhome mainly depends on factors like age of the home, number of bedrooms, location, overall square footage and front/back yard size (if applicable) etc.
Another thing that you would want to keep in mind is that in a condo, you don’t own the land, but for a town home, it is pretty much like a regular home. Town homes usually come with association dues, so u don’t get your money’s worth (but it includes Home Owner's Insurance, that's a pro). Condos lose their value quicker than town homes, but keep in mind the above factors. all the best!
Hi Homebuyer123,

I understand its hard to choose when there is a lot of options out there.

My advice to you is to buy what fits your personal style. You dont think you are the only one out there in the similar situation as you when you are ready to sell? There are a lot of young professionals such as yourself want to be in the area but cant afford an expensive house and the upkeep and they will more likely choose a less expensive townhome.

As far as HOA fee. I always recommend anyone who purchased a property with a HOA to review all the financial reports prior making an offer. As long as the reservation fund is plenty enough, you shouldnt be worry about the fee being raised.

Please let me know if you need any other help searching for your first townhome and good luck!

Dixon
JP and Associate
http://www.findyourtexashome.com
dixondfw@gmail.com
214-519-9493
It is easier to sell a normal home but I believe that town homes and condos are gaining popularity. I would be happy to meet and discuss your options. Each situation is unique. There is no cookie cutter answer.Builders would not be building them if there was not a market.
Townhomes aren't that difficult to sell when priced correctly. Condos are difficult to sell because condo financing is completely different than that for single family homes and townhomes. Association fees on both condos and townhomes can and do go up, but usually not until the communities become quite old and additional maintenance is required. It's no different than paying for additional maintenance on a single family home as it ages. It's a matter of to whom the additional maintenance dollars are paid. Same thing for property insurance, yard care, irrigation, etc - you pay for part of that in your monthly HOA fees, so you pay less of that to an outside party. Same kinds of expense - paid to different parties however.

Condos can be very difficult to sell when the communities are not approved for FHA financing. Any many of them are not, all for different sets of reasons. Valley Ranch currently has ZERO FHA approved communities, in fact, there are only 2 of them in all of Irving. Townhome purchases in the long haul would in my professional opinion, be much safer.
Matter of preference for the and lifestyle. Many families perfer easy lifestyle without yard work and etc.

Coppell has limited Townhomes made available for a family vs. Las Colinas / Valley Ranch more of a selection.

Realtors can't predict the future for any resale value

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas