Home Buying in San Jose>Question Details

June, Home Buyer in Mountain View, CA

How is life style in Alum Rock, Ever green, East Foothills? Are there restaurants to go to? golf course? is it too quite?

Asked by June, Mountain View, CA Thu May 2, 2013

My dad is a retiree and looking for a home.

Answers

4
Juliana Lee,MBA/LL.B’s answer
Excellent questions to seek answers to. Probably even more important than the neighborhood would be the location of the actual home. Is it within easy walking distance of a coffee shop, park or golf course which your dad would visit regularly? Is the attraction visited regularly by people who would be friendly to your dad?

Although people often are most successful starting up casual friendships with people their same age because they are going through similar things, the most important thing is do people regularly go there or only from time to time. If the same people are there regularly, it is easier to develop friendships.

Some people have definite preferences about what their neighborhood should be like. Are there trees or are there too many trees? Take your dad to several different environments and see how he first reacts. That will give you a good idea what appeals to him. From there pick houses which have a similar feel but are located near a golf club, a public swimming pool, a coffee shop or something your dad would feel comfortable hanging around.

Juliana Lee
Top 2 agent nationwide at Keller Williams Realty, the nations largest

Over 30 years experience, and many more ahead
Over 1,000 homes sold in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties
.
Web Reference: http://julianalee.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 3, 2013
Hi there,

The lifestyle in Alum Rock, Evergreen and East foothills is very nice, You have the best of both worlds
It is not a noisy concrete city atmosphere. There are many beautiful golf courses and two very nice Country Club communities, along with fine dining to casual dining. I live here in the Silver Creek Valley, which is in Evergreen. it is a wonderful, lively community with caring people. The Villages Community in Evergreen also has a wonderful Golf Course along with many other ammonites.

I would love to tell you more and give you more information. Feel free to call me.

Diana Valverde- CDPE-408-693-7463
Davey and Associates Real Estate & Property Management
DRE# 01427342
Thank you for your question:

There are so many things involved when selecting a location for your next home, that I recommend a consultation of at least and hour or two just to start.

As Terri Velios pointed out, The Villages in Evergreen is great for golf. You can drive your golf cart from your door to the golf course. If your father likes golf, The villages is the place to be.

Does your father like views of the Valley? The East foothills are great for views of the valley.

Charles Butterfield MBA
Real estate Broker/REALTOR
American Realty
Office Phone: (408)269-4238
Cell Phone: (408)509-6218
Fax: (408)269-3597
Email Address: charlesbutterfieldbkr@yahoo.com
DRE#00901872
June, I have a great condo for sale in Silver Creek Country Club. It is a gated community with golfing. It's all age and has excellent school scores.

If your dad is 55+ and wants a golfing gated community there's The Villages. There are tons of restaurants all over the south bay, depending on what you are looking for.

Call me to schedule a free consultation and I can help your dad understand what is available to him.
Web Reference: http://www.TerriVellios.com