Home Buying in Woodside>Question Details

phunpal, Home Buyer in Queens, NY

How is in average monthly insurance for 1 bed, 1 bath room condo in woodside, queens, NY?

Asked by phunpal, Queens, NY Wed Aug 3, 2011

Answers

4
Terry Korahais’ answer
Hi Phungal, Hopefully you have checked around for some prices. I find Allstate has very good rates for condos and Coops....depending on your square footage, age of the unit,renovations etc.etc.. Those my buyers have gotten were between $230-$400 a YEAR-depending on whether it is a building or garden apartment. I can give you the name and number of someone I have dealt with many many times. call me Terry K 718-614-3167 or email me therese.korahais@elliman.com
It depends on how valuable your property is. Call a few different brokers & compare quotes.
Contact local insurance companies and ask for free quotes based on your needs, then choose the company/package that best suits those needs.
The condo insurance cost is based on how much insurance you want for your personal property. The building is covered under the condo policy that you pay for in your common charges. I would suggest you do an inventory of what you own (including clothing) and how much to replace. After you have done that, contact an insurance agent.