Home Buying in Rego Park>Question Details

Rego Park, Home Buyer in Rego Park, Queens, NY

How is Park Plaza in Rego Park, i am planning to buy an coop there?

Asked by Rego Park, Rego Park, Queens, NY Sat Apr 11, 2009

Answers

5
My spouse and I were born and raised in Manhattan but we were expecting and did not have room for the baby in our studio. We rented for a year in LIC but it was $$$. We looked around Jackson Heights, Forest Hills and ended up buying at the Park Plaza. The price was right and the maintenance not too high. Close to highways, shops, and other mass transit options.

The building is mantained well and very clean. The building staff are great. Always there when you need them. Been here for 3 years and so far so good.
THEN HOW COME NOT M,ANY PEOPLE BUY AND SELL .. I MEAN THIS IS TEH OBLY BUILDING WHERE I HAVE SEEN THE SAME PEOPLE FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS WHERE ELSE IF I GO TO ANY OTHER CO OPS PEOPLE HAVE CHNAGED DRASTICALLY ESPEICLALLY THE ASIAN ANDD THE WHITE COMMUNITY???
When buying any co-op the most important thing is for your attorney to review the building's financials, and listen to what your attorney advises. The rest totally up to you, if you like the building, the location and know you will be happy there, it should make your decision easier.

Anna
917-576-5376
abrocco@laffey.com
Park Plaza's maintenance fee is much higher than Park city 3&4. 3&4 has better management.
Hi... live at Park Plaza, purchased in October. I like the amenities nearby (Sears, Marshalls, Bed Bath Beyond, lots of supermarkets, restaurants). Even the extended area is good (malls at Woodhaven and Grand-Newton are actually within walking distance). New asian restaurant (Andy's?) on Queens Blvd is very nice.

Building staff is nice and very fast (had a clogged drain and they came up to fix it right after we left a message). Front steps are being re-done (not sure why, but it does look nicer than the previous one). Basement Laundry rooms were also completely renovated a few months ago.