Home Buying in Farmingdale>Question Details

Laura Reed, Home Buyer in Farmingdale, NY

How is Farmingdale NY? I am considering moving there.

Asked by Laura Reed, Farmingdale, NY Wed Oct 5, 2011

Answers

5
Farmingdale is where my office is! I love it here because Main Street has many great restaurants, and an active nightlife with many bars, lounges, and coffee houses. The school system is highly rated by Newsday. The clients that I have had really love the area, both the people who grew up here, or who moved here from other areas. Farmingdale is popular also due to having a train station, and all major roads have easy access from here thanks to rt 110, and rt 135. Add lots of great shopping, and what more could you want. Feel free to contact me!
Farmingdale is a wonderful and diverse town. It has a bustling downtown, and its fair share of cinemas, shopping malls, and a children's carnival just outside the residential neighborhoods. At the same time there is a friendly sense of community and. "Good people spirit" that you do not often find in various towns in NY State these days. With all the convenience in Farmingdale, as well as the fine homes, and bustling downtown section I often receive comments from buyers stating, "I feel like I am in the country," upon their initial house hunting visits to this wonderful town. Bethpage State Park is an amazing recreation area (my favorite running spot in the whole wide world!) and its wonderous wooded trails intersect through parts of the town limits within Farmingdale's boundaries. There are miltitudes of parks here, including an extension being built now which will have a state of the art aquatic center and additional rec facilities. This is a place where there is a vibrant nightlife , thriving university, and at the same time it is definitely child centered and educationally minded; the schools are great , and one more key mention-the libarary: This library is a huge state of the art structure that has been expanded to include a massive children's library (the largest in Nassau County) and includes a vast, modern multi-media center containg the largest collection of updated DVDs, music and more that I have ever seen. It is rich in culture snd fun . If you have any questions, or seek more information about Farmingdale or it's environs' please don't hesitate to contact me: Hilton @ 646.483.8950 or email: runnerhilt@yahoo.com. I hope that I gave you a fair assessment of Farmingdale. :)
I have lived in farmingdale SD for 45 years and I am an agent with Douglas Elliman Realty...Give me a call and I will be able to answer all your real estate needs..

"When its time to move on call Rose"
Rose Larsen
Douglas Elliman RE
NYS Residential and Commercial Sales Associate
email: Rose.Larsen@Elliman.com
cell: 516-637-3794
What are your needs? Like agent Garcia, I too enjoy the "night life". I have friends and family that reside in Farmingdale and they all love it for various reasons. Agent Brocco adds some great advise too, "revisit the area more than once at different times of the day".
Agent Garcia is a local agent and appears to have a passion for the area. He just may be your best resource for community information.
You may contact me too:
Joseph Brown
Century 21 American Homes
516-297-3146
http://www.EastMeadowJoeBrown.com
Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; therefore consider revisiting the area more than once and at different times of day; drive around, possibly chat with locals, dine at a local eatery, look at shops, etc., then make your determination, will your comfort level be reached...