Home Buying in Collierville>Question Details

Mukss, Home Buyer in Collierville, TN

How is Crystal Lake area of Collierville in terms of resales??

Asked by Mukss, Collierville, TN Wed Sep 23, 2009

I am planning a house in this locality-Crystal lake and want to know if it is a good idea to go ahead with it....

Answers

4
Collierville in General has an over supply of resale homes. Pick a good Real Estate company that has a lot of web coverage as there appears to be a lot of people looking at Collierville. In the future there will be a shortage due to the lack of building. The market has bottomed and it is a good time to make a deal and you will reap the benefits as Collierville is prime real estate.
Hi, I sold a home in Raintree, which is very close to Crystal Lake , within walking distance, and this couple -just Love it !!
They are very happy with the schools. too. I would most certainly continue to show in this area , all sales have been down a bit , but are moving again . There is one home in that area that has a little trouble selling, but it is by the deadend on one street , nothing wrong with it , just hasn't found that one it will take to sell.
Pricing homes is part art and part science, so when you do decide to "put the extras ' in the home you are building, try not to over shoot the area , You might not get it all back in the end. Just like putting a pool in, do it because you want it and love it , not for resale! Take Care!
Web Reference: http://www.PattyEveritt.com
Like Gerald mentioned it is a new community and it is hard to project. HOWEVER, I have been through the "shifts" in the market before and depending on your buying savvy skills.....now is the time to buy. It's a buyer's market and real estate always goes back up. Can't predict exactly how long, but it always does!!

Real estate is like stock in most cases - not commodities. Hang on to it and you have a terrific investment. Sometimes you can trade your real estate in short intrevals and do well, but for the most part - you'll need to hang on to it for several years......except when you buy in a buyer's market. You know, buy low sell high? Selling high happens in a seller's market..........and that will happen again!

if your house fits your needs, you can afford it and you like the area....go for it. Don't live with regret, nor in fear. Your home is the best working investment you can have.

Best wishes,

Jo Shaner
Mukes,

Crystal Lake is a new development and there have only been 4 sales in the development in the past year, all new homes not resales. There have been 13 resales in the nearby area. If you would the details about these resales let me know and I can email you the specifics .

Gerald Williams
Affiliate Broker
Mortgage Loan Officer
BenchMark Realtors, LLC
BenchMark Mortgage, LLC
901-413-2233
gh_williams@yahoo.com