Home Buying in San Mateo>Question Details

ba3606, Both Buyer and Seller in San Mateo, CA

How hot is new Bay Meadows townhomes?

Asked by ba3606, San Mateo, CA Wed Apr 10, 2013

Looks like right now it's sold out for the first 2 phases. Were there really that many people interested? I heard there is Mello-Roos special tax.

Answers

5
http://baymeadows.com/neighborhoods/amelia

Next sales release July 13!
The Bay Meadows project is going to be an excellent investment for homeowners. The area around it eventually will be developed to create a "village-like" downtown for shopping and dining. The access to public transportation from San Jose to San Francisco will be a great plus for the homeowners. Highway 92 which connects 280 and 101, will be easily accessed. This development will have everything going for it and homes will only increase in value over the years. I have extensive experience in common area ownership and new home development. Please let me know if I can be of help to you if you would like to know more about this planned development.

Marilynne Pryor
Associate Broker
Coldwell Banker
(650) 515-9711
Ms. Pryor:
I have no doubt that these condos will more than likely improve over time in value. However, no one has a crystal ball to predict financial matters, and if you knew for sure, you would retired to a beach somewhere long ago, so please be responsible when choosing your words such as " will only increase in value" over the years. These are attached condos on the smaller side priced @ 850,000 --- 1.1M. So, the upside should probably be on the conservative side.
Flag Tue Sep 3, 2013
For the reasons mentioned below, yes, Bay Meadows really is that hot and ,yes, there is a special Mello Roos tax. I was invited to preview the community before the public opening and at that time, they already had a waiting list. This project is slated to continue building through 2016 and will include single family homes towards the end of the build.
There are a few other new construction sites that you may want to consider, smaller than the two mentioned below. If you would like more information, please contact me. I have been listing and selling here on the Peninsula for 25 years and know the area intimately.
Diane Mollison
650-685-7626
diane.mollison@cbnorcal.com
It's extremely hot, because the demand here on the peninsula is quite high and there aren't that many new construction projects going on around here these days. 2 of the biggest in Southern San Mateo County are Bay Meadows in San Mateo and One Marina in Redwood City.

David
It is very hot! Great location and price for the area! I will even rebate you 1% if you need a realtor to represent you. Feel free to contact me with any questions. 650.430.8587 Jeffrey@JeffreyRealtors.com
I am available to show you the Meadows whenever you have time!.