Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

rodriguez9233, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

How hard is it to get a mortgage when you are self employed?

Asked by rodriguez9233, Chicago, IL Sun Apr 7, 2013

Answers

16
James P. Michaels’ answer
for a good answer on this call

Our Team | United Equity Mortgage Corp.
http://www.unitedequity.us/our-team.html15+ items – Wieslaw (Wesley) Jura Vice President. NMLS ID 225274 ...
Wieslaw (Wesley) Jura Vice President. NMLS ID 225274 773-304-3412
Paul Gondek Senior Loan Originator. NMLS ID 226276
It's no different than obtaining a mortgage for a salaried employee. In both cases you must qualify from an income and asset perspective - as long as you work with a loan officer who is knowledgable and has experience with self employed individuals then there should be no issues. I would be happy to help if you would like a free Pre approval.
Sam Sharp
Senior VP of Mortgage Lending
Guaranteed Rate
773-290-0455
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 7, 2013
The requirement for getting a mortgage for self employed persons may be more stringent, but that doesn't mean it should be a difficult process.All you need to know is what the lenders will be looking at and prepare in advance.
For instance lenders want to establish that the borrower can sustain a mortgage over time. Accordingly, lenders are likely to require at least 2 years of the most recent tax returns as well as financial statements, and possibly a quarterly profit loss statement. In their assessment of finances, lenders will typically require an overall debt- to-income ratio of 41% or less.
When it comes to credit scores, a score above 740, for example, can greatly enhance a self-employed applicant's chances for approval. For self-employed applicants, the secret to success is to prepare in advance. Here is more on what you can do, to increase your chances for success:

http://www.realtypin.com/news/story/929-the-top-7-mortgage-t…
Web Reference: http://www.realtypin.com
It's not hard at all if you have an acceptable credit score, net income high enough for a loan and have been self employed for at least two years.
I have 2 words for you. "Adjusted Gross".

First off, you need to be self employed a full 2 years. THEN, the lender is going to look at your adjusted gross income.... Basically, what did you make after profit and loss. (There are a few tweaks to that as well). For instance.... If you made 100k.... but took 75k in losses..... Then the income is 25k. That is the income the lender is going to use. Again, that is a pretty simple way to put it.. Give us a call I will get you with one of our best Loan Officers to help you out.

Sean Cochran
Quality Mortgage Lending
http://www.qmlending.com
630-330-2229
I work with many self employed borrowers. I would be happy to help you secure a mortgage. Your tax returns will show the income that you generate. We are looking at the net income, after your business deductions. Usually we need 2 years of tax returns to verify the income. We do have some special programs that might work for you. Joanna Weiss 773-327-3580 NMLS 230092
rodriguez9233: Without more detailed information regarding your self-employment, it is hard to give an answer to your question. Much of the information provided here is sound, but no one will be able to provide a definitive no or yes answer, until they talk to you and gain more detailed info. Until then, it's all speculative.
Should you wish to talk and get your questions answered, please contact me via the link below. I'll be happy to provide the assistance you seek ...
Gene
Hello:

Hello:

I am a local mortgage broker and would be happy to help you get pre-qualified. We work with over 30 lenders to help you get the best possible financing. We specialize in FHA, VA, and conventional financing. With self-employeed customers we do require 2 years personal and business returns so that we can average your income. SMC carries an A+ Better Business Bureau Rating and we have worked in the community for over 15 years!

Please call or email me so we can set aside some time to get you prequalified; or visit my website to complete the application http://www.smartmortgageinc.com.

I look forward to working with you!

Patty Harrison
Smart Mortgage Centers
630-478-2684
patty@smartmtgs.net / http://www.smartmortgageinc.com
It depends on how long you have been self employed and what income you declare on tax returns.
Generaly lenders require a two year employment history and two years of tax returns.
I recommend David Radke at Standard Bank. You can reach him at (312)806-9309.
He is very knowledgable and patient.
Rodriguez,
You will find many, many lenders are incapable of granting a home loan for anyone without a W-2 or a giant mountain of cash to put down. This is one of the byproducts of giving those 'too big to fails' 900 Billion dollars of your money!
-
Do not let your shadow cross the threshold of those banks.
-
Instead, confer with local banks who have a demonstrated history of investing in the community through small business loans and home loans. The best banks will have an "A" or "B" grade. The 'too big to fail and too big to care banks" will be "F" rated.
-
Enter your destination city or zipcode at:
http://www.bankingGrades.com
Choose the bank that appeals to you and make an appointment.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Assoicate
Remax Relatec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Good morning rodriguez9233,

The best way to get your question answered is to meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

Typically for self-employed lenders require a minimum of 2 years self-employment and will use the most recent 2 years income tax returns to qualify using the net income after expenses. That having been said, many Lenders in this conservative lending environment want to see a person is self-employed for three years.

Your Mortgage Banker can guide you accordingly.

Trevor Curran

If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a "Thumbs Up" or "Best Answer." Thanks!
Dear Home Buy,

Sam Sharp is an excellent Illinois based mortgage lender. Very knowledgeable and first rate customer service.
No its not very hard just have to produce the Tax return including all schedules for two years. Give me a call and i will give you a minimum of 3 different mortgage including all cost and fees and yes when i pull all my buyers credit i do a thorough analysis to determine if by making some minor changes to their credit account would it improve their rates. Not only can I help you get a great mortgage loan, I also have the technology to ensure you can qualify with the healthiest credit file possible.
Going shopping for a mortgage. It may seem backwards to shop for a mortgage before you shop for the house, but there are several reasons for doing this. Shopping for a mortgage will also help if you can get “pre-approved” for the amount you’d like to borrow. This means the lender has looked over your credit and financial statement and agreed to lend you the money. Sellers like pre-approved buyers because there’s less risk the deal won’t go through. First, you’ll find out how much you can borrow, which has a lot to do with how much house you can buy. Get my top 25 Questions for FREE that you should be asking your lender before you choose them to secure a mortgage.

Whether you’re, buying, or building your dream home, you have a lot riding on your decision. Market conditions and mortgage programs change frequently, and I welcome the opportunity to serve your needs with quick and accurate real estate financing advice. I have the expertise and knowledge to help you determine the absolute best loan program to meet your objectives.

Ensuring that you make the right choice for you and your family is my ultimate goal. And I am committed to providing my customers with mortgage services that exceed their expectations.. As always, you may contact me anytime by phone, fax or email for personalized service and expert advice.

I look forward to working with you!

Lowell Sterling
Mortgage Banker
NMLS# 968898
LSterling@englending.com
16800 N. Dallas Pkwy, Suite 290 | Dallas, TX 75248
Office: 972-646-2411 | Cell: 214-418-7022 | Fax: 214-614-4637
Bank of England /dba ENG Lending: NMLS# 418481
It can be a bit more difficult, but there are lots of potential factors. Just ask a few lenders. My web site has some references.
Hello
No problem if you have a sufficient down payment, enough income history, and a good credit score.
Talk to a mortgage broker and get the correct answers from them.

I
If you have enough down payment for the property in question, and if you have income proof for several years, that you are self employed and making a regular substantial income, a lender will evaluate your
income, your credit and all other of your expenses (credit cards, auto loans etc.) and then make a decision to give you a loan, and for how much and the loan amount they would grant you based on
all those facts. Your very best way would be to sit down with a local reputable lender- put all the details in front of them, bring your tax returns from several years and let them know about all your other expenses as mentioned above...

And see what they are willing to allow you to borrow etc.

If you need a recommendation for a good lender in the city, let us know, it is with the lender you need to start before connecting with a good local Realtor, your personal Buyers Agent, who will help you to
buy a property within your means! If you need a recommendation for a good Realtor and a local Lender e-mail me and I forward them to you via e-mail as well.
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties ---- EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)