Home Buying in Coalinga>Question Details

Lynn, Home Buyer in Hood, VA

How far is the market down in Coalinga? Prices seem high for what you're getting.

Asked by Lynn, Hood, VA Fri May 23, 2008

Coming from the SF Bay area, I am aware of what you can get and the quality of homes in that area. Looking at Coalinga, I was shocked at the prices being asked, especially for the size, location, curb appeal, and ammenities being offered. How far have actual sales prices fallen for Coaling/Fresno County? Has the escalation of housing prices due to the new hospital ended? For example, I saw a house built in 2000 and sold for 103k at that time. They are asking 298k now for the house. I don't want to be upside down in a house that I may be selling in 4-5 years. How do you even know how to determine bids in this type of market and with this type of prices. Some are listed even higher than comparable houses in the Bay area.