Home Buying in Playa del Rey>Question Details

Jo Ciufo, Other/Just Looking in Oceanside, CA

How does the airport noise pollution rate in this immediate area (Playa del Rey)????

Asked by Jo Ciufo, Oceanside, CA Mon Jan 28, 2008

Answers

4
There is some plane noise, but the locals I have spoken to don't seem to be bothered by it. The homes in the area are retrofitted at no cost to the homeowner, by LAX. Special Insulation and air circulation systems,dual or tripple pane windows and doors, and Air Conditioning keeps noise to a minimum.
Playa del Rey and El Segundo are affordable beach areas due to their proximity to the airport.
Have you considered Marina Del Rey? You cannot hear the airport noise at all, yet have the convenience of being super close to the airport if you travel a lot for business. It is literally a $13-15 10 minute cab ride door to door.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 24, 2008
Jo the people I know who live in Playa del Rey love the location. Convenient not only to the Airport but some have the Beach as their back yard. Others are very close walking or driving distance to it. The noise that some are affected by are compensated by the price, hence it is a win win. Not every part of Playa del Rey has Airport
noise. So you have to go case by case and see if you are comfortable there. I live in Marina del Rey and there are places where you hear Airplanes leaving and other places you do not hear it and the values are still high.
Web Reference: http://www.endrebarath.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 22, 2011
The amount of noise depends on the location in El Segundo and Playa Del Rey. This is due to distance as well as the runway direction and flight paterns. The LA Airport has been paying for dual pane windows at no costs to the owners in the areas impacted which is a great upgrade to the properties too. Let me know if I can be of help to you.
Web Reference: http://GR8Homes.com