Jeff, Home Buyer in 93307

How does one get to find homes that are for sale and not foreclosures or REO?

Asked by Jeff, 93307 Thu Feb 25, 2010

Answers

8
Jeff - If you select a buyer agent to work for you they will help you to find the homes that are in the price range you wish to spend. If you just let them know what price you are comfortable with such as what you are use to for rent that is a start. Then let them know if there is a particular area you wish to be in and how many bedrooms you need and bathrooms and if you need a garage. They can do a search and send you listings to consider. Then when you see something you would like to view they can take you to see it. Once you select the home you would like to make an Offer to Purchase then they continue to work with you. I work for my clients as their buyer agent and generally am paid by the seller's fee for bringing the buyer so I provide these services and other services for my buyers. If you do not have someone you want to work with in your area I can also refer you to a Real Estate Broker in your area. It sounds like you might be a first time home buyer , if so then you will want to find your buyer agent soon so that you can take advantage of the first time buyer tax credit for the 8,000. I hope this answers your questions, if not please let me know and I will help.

Deborah Rigsbee Miller, Real Estate Broker
Coldwell Banker HPW
Durham, NC 919-491-2826
Hi Jeff,

Are you using a realtor? A realtor can you help discern what is available out there. You shouldn't rule out short sales or foreclosures. There are some great deals out there, timing is everything. You really need a realtor who is knowledgeable and aggressive. What is your time line? Are you wanting to close in time for the tax credit? Maybe you need to consider new construction. As mentioned before D.R. Horton is offering some great deals. However; even if you go new construction, I strongly recommend getting a realtor to represent you. There is no additional cost to you for this. If you are not working with a realtor, I would be more than happy to help you with this.

Shanti

Email: shanti@shantibrinsfield.com
Cell: 661.978.7101
Jeff,

There are certain price ranges that the REO market has great competition. It would be best to let me know what price you are looking for and then narrow down these properties by how they are sold. You can also search via our website for non REO homes. http://www.mymajesticproperties.com
Jeff
There are always some standard sales. Many flippers are in the market as well which are considered standard. Your realtor should be able to pull a list for you that is just standard so you can see what is out there.

Jeff,

D.R. Horton has two communities that are open, building and selling well within City in the Hills masterplan.
Triana offers new homes priced from $172,000 (contact Betsy De Alba) and Montelena offers larger homes priced from $239,990 for a 2,600 square foot home. These homes are new and come with a full builder warranty. Most include special incentives and some can be purchased now and close by June 30th to take advantage of the Federal Tax Credit. Sales offices are open Thursday - Monday from 10am to 5pm. Best of luck!
Web Reference: http://www.drhorton.com
Hi Jeff,

We were just wondering why you're not interested in REO properties… is it the competition, or are you just not finding anything in good condition?

Anyway, finding a regular sale (not bank owned or a short sale) is very simple - not that there will be many of them.

Our site http://www.MovingBakersfield.com has an option to show only REO properties, but not to exclude them. We can however, set up a search that does just the opposite, but it has to be done from the administrators side of the site.

If you are interested, we could do this for you - just let us know!

Robert and Dawn Morris
In our city only about 10% of the sales are REO and short sales comprise another 10%. That leaves 80% of the sales not distressed.

Contact a realtor in your area. Buyers agents do not cost the buyer a cent. All realtor's commissions are usually covered through the commission charged the seller.

The following link is to a third party site with information on how to find a realtor.
Well, you could use an agent.
Its not essential, but its certainly helpful.