newtoedh, Home Buyer in El Dorado Hills, CA

How does it work buying a home in the guarded side of serrano? I'm new to the entire gated community idea and just want to know how it works.

Asked by newtoedh, El Dorado Hills, CA Sun Mar 23, 2014

Are the gates always guarded? One time I visited a friend there, the big metal gates were closed and another time little barrier bars. If I'm planning on moving in June 1st, will the hoa provide me with a remote or something for the gate in advance or will I need to check in every time? Will I have to notify the hoa if I am having guests come over? Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

8
The main gate near the country club is always guarded, they generally close the big gates after 7p. During the day only the barrier bars are down.

When you close escrow, you need to take a copy of your closing papers to the HOA & they will give you stickers for you car. You'll have to put in a deposit to get the gate remotes, it's minimal though.

You do not need to register guests, they will just be asked who they are visiting at the gate & they are supposed to show a driver's license although many times, they are just waived through. The gates really cut down on solicitors & of course do provide some security but it really doesn't keep anyone out.

I've lived in the custom neighborhood for 10 years & love the large lot sizes & all the different styles of homes. There are also many more kids in the neighborhood than there used to be a couple of really nice parks.

Please let me know if you have other questions!

Shannon Yoffie
syoffie@golyon.com
Lyon Real Estate
El Dorado Hills
http://www.eldoradohillsrealestateagent.com/
I live behind the guard gates and have never had any issues with my guests coming to visit. There are two guard gates, one closer to the country club and one closer to Bass Lake. There are guards at both gates, 24/7. When your guests come to visit, the guard will ask them for their driver license number, the address of where they are going and then they will write the license plate down. If there is ever an issue, the guard will call whatever number is listed with the HOA.

The only issue I have had happens throughout Serrano; parking on the street. The HOA restricts parking over night on the street. The first couple offenses the owner of the vehicle gets notes on the car. After a couple more, the homeowner will be fined.

It is fine to have guests park on the street but if they plan on staying overnight, have them pull in the driveway.

Serrano is a great neighborhood. Many of my clients who sell their homes in Serrano move to another home in Serrano. I love it here.
Hi New2...
Buying a home in Serrano is pretty much the same process as anywhere else. Properties are listed and presented in MLS buy the Sellers Agent. Hopefully you as a Buyer will have a good agent representing your interest separately. I think all of the information provided in the previous responses has been good and accurate. Closing papers is a little genric as far as what to bring to the HOA office when purchasing your gate openers. Sometimes most anything like a HUD 1 closing statement will suffice, but at other times they require a copy of the Deed that has been recorded showing the change in ownership. Your ID must of course match the up with the Deed. As I recall the "minimal fee" amount is $25.00 for the gate clickers, each. You don't have to notify anyone when guest are coming over but if it's a good party I'm always happy to attend too! :)

I bought my first home in Serrano on the golf course back in 2001 and have seen lots of growth and change in policies over the years. At that same time I was concluding a 25 year Banking career and making the change from Residential Lending to Residential Real Estate sales. I've now lived in 3 different Villages in Serrano and have found great people and fun times in each. Let me know if you have further questions or if I can ever help you in anyway as you transition to El Dorado Hills.
All the villages in Serrano are gated but only the custom home village on the golf course has a gaurd. Once you purchase a home, the HOA will be notified of the ownership change. You will then be able to purchase gate openers from the HOA. You will be provided a gate code that you can give to family/friends/workers so they can enter without the opener.

My team and I are uniquely qualified to represent buyers and seller in Serrano of El Dorado Hills. If you have further questions or concerns and do not have an agent that represents you, we would be happy to help.

We can be reached at the following:

Shawn Ransdell
Team Ransdell of RE/MAX Gold
email: teamransdell@gmail.com
ph: (530) 409-0147
fax: (916) 266-9400
http://www.teamransdell.com
Dear newt to Edh!

Welcome. Since Serrano has many villages, it would be helpful to know which community you are looking into. They honestly all have a few different rules...similar but different. Contact me diirectly at suziehousehunter@gmail.com. Id be happy to help with this any other questions.

Suzie
Yes the gates are guarded. And you will get a remote and control so you can open it for your guests. Just send me an email if you have any further questions.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer

http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com
408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
Hi Newtoedh,
The custom homes in Serrano off of Greenview are always guarded and require ID for guests who enter. While the balance of Serrano is gated as a homeowner will have a personal remote, your guests can call you at the gate for access.
The HOA will provide you with your gate remotes, they are located at the Waterfall at the intersection of Serrano Pky and Silva Valley.
If you would like any more information on the EDH area, a tour of the neighborhoods and homes you can reach our team Duane and Gates Real Estate Group at 916.365.3697. Coldwell Banker EDH. Andrea Duane
You purchase remotes for the gates from the HOA, and you can program your car to open gates as well once you have the remotes. At the gate there is a box that your guests can dial your house and you hit #9 on your home phone to open the gate and you are also provided guest codes from the HOA which change every three months.Make sure your guests park in your driveway when they visit if theyre overnight guests as they will be ticketed but it is not enforceable its just a warning. Serrano security is a pain in the rear!!!