Home Buying in Happy Valley>Question Details

ojanm, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

How does Via Roble/Quail Ridge Neighborhood in Lafayette compare to Happy Valley?

Asked by ojanm, San Francisco, CA Fri Jan 10, 2014

How does the Via Roble/Quail Ridge neighborhood compare to the rest of Happy Valley? While this neighborhood shares the same elementary school as Happy Valley,is there a difference from a resale or general desirability perspective? The level of the homes appear to be somewhat different than on the other side of the valley.

Answers

4
Jim Colhoun’s answer
It looks like several Realtors have weighed in on this topic. Debbie Johnston, like myself, has sold many home on Quail Ridge, Via Roble. I'm surprised nobody mentioned the name "Tiffany Hills" which is an old name for the subdivision. It's close to town, BART, best schools but little for sale right now. There are vineyards on Quail Ridge too!
Hi Ojanm,

The other side of the valley is definitely higher in price than the Quail Ridge / Via Roble area. There are larger homes and flatter lots in Happy Valley and it is generally considered to be superior. Some noise from 24 can be heard up near where you are asking about. There is not a lot of inventory in both right now and more should be coming as we enter the buying season in the Spring. Let me know if you would like more information or help on either neighborhood or anywhere else in LaMorinda.

Bryce Schumacher
I am a realtor living near Quail Ridge area and a child who goes to Happy Valley Elementary. The freeway noise and BART noise are noticable, but overtime you notice them less. Please feel free to contact me regarding this or more information about Happy Valley Elementary
Happy Valley is considered one of the most desirable communities in Lamorinda. The price point is much higher than the Via Roble/Quail Ridge neighborhood; there are many large estates along Happy Valley Road. Also the topography is much friendlier, in that it is flat, vs. the long climb up Via Robles from town. Also, depending on the position of the home on Via Roble/Quail Ridge you can get highway noise from 24. There is a considerable difference in resale/desirability vs. Happy Valley proper.
If I can help in any other way, please fee free to contact me, happy to help.
That particular home has been on the market for 278 days....
Flag Fri Jan 10, 2014
Regarding pricing on Quail Ridge, you will get more for your money than in Happy Valley. What is your budget? It might be worth waiting to see what the early spring market brings to some of the other sought after neighborhoods.
Flag Fri Jan 10, 2014
Yes I agree, Quail Ridge is nicer than Via Roble. Have you thought about Upper Happy Valley (Peardale, etc) as an alternative? Still Happy Valley Elementary, but flatter and more family friendly.
Flag Fri Jan 10, 2014
Hi Debbie-
Thanks for you quick response. The houses at the top of the hill on quail ridge do seem nicer (there is one home for sale up there) than the rest of the hill and there is no 24 noise up there. What do you think of the homes up there at the top of the hill? They do seem nicer than the rest of the hill but you need to drive up the hill to get there. My wife want to live in happy valley but are trying to figure out if we should consider quail ridge and how we should think about the price difference between similarly priced homes on the other side of the valley.
Flag Fri Jan 10, 2014