gbartels, Home Seller in Atlanta, GA

How does Trulia work? Interested in listing a condo for sale

Asked by gbartels, Atlanta, GA Fri Sep 6, 2013

Answers

13
Appraisal By Michael’s answer
Gbartles,

Unless you're a realtor, you won't be able to use Trulia to post your own listings. Your best bet is to try and use a different website, but in all honesty, a Realtor can possibly speed up the process. However, if you are in need of a home appraisal. I can get your appraisal started today so that you can make sure you're not over paying when placing an offer on your new home or over priced when selling your home. For more information call me (404) 955-9997 and you can check out my email at http://www.appraisalsbymichael.com.

You should always know the value of the home you're selling and moving into. You definitely don't want to pay a certain amount of taxes on a home that isn't even worth that lump sum of money.

Good Luck with your transition!
I have not seen people have any luck selling condos on their own. You won't get any drive by traffic. Qualified buyers who are serious about buying a home will work with an agent because it does not cost them anything. Most condo are sold to first time buyers, and they want someone to hold their hand through the process. Your best bet is finding an agent who specializes in your area of town so you will be exposed to all the agents who are working with buyers in your price range.
Just to be concise and answer your specific question - Trulia doesn't allow home sellers to list their homes here - ("no for sale by owners")!

Only agent-listed homes may be posted on this site.

Your one option would be to list with a flat fee broker (pay a set fee) who will place the home on your local MLS - it will then be fed to trulia. You will, however, be expected to pay a commission to a buyer's broker.

You can list, as a "fsbo" on Zillow.com, ForSaleByOwner.com and Craigslist.com, just to name a few fsbo friendly sites.

best wishes.......
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 7, 2013

Trulia is one of many great venues for Real Estate Agents to advertise their listings. Are you trying to sell your home on your own? Is this to avoid paying a commission to an agent? If that is the case, I suggest that you strongly consider that listing your condo with a real estate agent will allow your condo to be marketed to millions of potential buyers on a much larger platform than if you were to do this on your own. Also, there is a security factor in which the agent can track those who are entering the property and minimize your exposure to risk.

LaShonda Solomon
Associate Broker
Keller Williams Realty Signature Partners
(678) 477-5226
LaShondaSolomon@kw.com
http://www.AtlantasPremierProperties.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 7, 2013
Hi Lori,

Trulia is just one of man websites on which I list my clients homes, the more the better. As you already know, only agents are allowed to show listings on Trulia. II have had 11 years of experience helping buyers and sellers and have sold 100's during that time.

I embrace technology which helps to accomplish my client's mission faster and better. I have a staff that helps me accomplish this from listing to marketing to closings. I know the condominium world in Atlanta and can handle buyer objections competently. If you are looking for a pro to move your home quickly please contact me.

Patricia Queen
BRIGHTSTAR at Keller Williams'
condosales.queen@gmail.com
404-388-0400
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 7, 2013
Hello! Trulia started off as a popular search engine for a DIY home search and stats on homes. Recently I've stumbled onto the forum that connects the general public to Lenders, Agents, Brokers, and the like.

What is your reason for selling? You've picked a phenomenal time in Atlanta's housing market to start the process. I wish you the best success and the biggest yield for when you put your house on the market!

At your service,
Jo Davis
Lol, im already a day ahead! Have a great weekend all.
Kim
Hi there..happy Saturday! As many have mentioned, Trulia is a real estate advertising site. Both Realtors and prospective buyers and sellers can get home info from it. As a Realtor with Better Homes and Gardens it is a value added perk that I can offer my seller clients to increase exposure of their listing, along with several other marketing sites.

Hope that info helped.
Kim Tullis
"TheRealEstateChickofAtlanta"
404-437-9882

I have some interesting stats on FSBO success that could be worth your review. I will send this report to you if you would like to provide your email address. Mine is condosales.queen@gmail.com.

In addition, I have represented 100's of buyers and sellers of condominiums over my 11 years as a realtor and know that I can help you, even if it is only to share information. Want to chat?

Patricia Queen
KW Midtown
404-388-0400
Trulia is a website for Realtors and owners to post real estate for sale. It is a method of advertising. There are many other websites for advertising too. Ask a Realtor to show you all the sites that they use to market homes and condos for sale. Realtors also have access to databases of Realtors all over the United States who may have a buyer for your home. Ask a Realtor.
Trulia does not allow owners to post their homes for sale (as fsbo's) - the homes must be listed with an agent
Flag Sat Sep 7, 2013

I have some stats regarding for sale by owner successes. They were recently published by the National Association of Realtors. We did the math which indicates that FSBO;s, if they sell, sell for 22.7% less than if a skilled agent were to sell the home. I have sold almost nothing but condominiums for the past 11 years and have an outstanding success record.

My email is: condosales.queen@gmail.com.

If you want to send an email to me I will copy you on the NAR report.

Patricia Queen
KW Midtown
404-388-0400
Would you pull your own teeth? Would you handle your divorce yourself? Then why would you list your own home? Are you going to be available to answer every call when 9 out of 10 are just calling to see how much it is but can't really afford the home? Are you going to be able to pre-qualify the caller who wants to see the home?

I suggest that you hire an REAL ESTATE AGENT to list your home.

Feel free to contact me if you would like a Market Analysis of your home.

Robert Taylor
Morris and Raper
404-389-4912
Trulia is an open format with Realtors, I have also seen mortgage brokers in the mix . Where is the condo Name of complex and is it a retail sale to market value? Or short sale?