Home Buying in San Mateo>Question Details

Joel Diaz, Real Estate Pro in Brisbane, CA

How does San Mateo compare to Brisbane?

Asked by Joel Diaz, Brisbane, CA Tue Jul 24, 2012

does anyone know that...Located just 7 miles from the center of our largest Pacific Rim Hub, Brisbane is still relatively undiscovered. Home to roughly 4500 residents, mostly tech savvy hikers, bikers, artists and the environmentally conscientious, Brisbane has been touted as the next Sausalito or new Burlingame. Peaceful and quiet, close to public transportation, beautiful open space for the adventurous, safe friendly neighborhoods, and new charter high school are some of the draws. http://www.brisbaneca.com

Answers

2
I was Chief Accountant for Juillard Alpha Wines & Spirits, the sole distributors of Seagram, Hiram Walker, and many local as well as International wines, based in Brisbane many years ago so I am very familiar with Brisbane.

Yes, it is located just minutes away from San Francisco. However, the biggest problem then and still today is the San Bruno Mountains isolating it from San Francisco and San Mateo. Very similar to how Pacifica and Half Moon Bay are isolated from the more bustling San Francisco to the north and San Mateo to the east. What gives Pacifica and Half Moon Bay more exposure is that they have more attractions and services. When I was working in Brisbane all they had was one bank, one Chinese restaurant , one sandwich shop, etc. and it isn't that much better today.

I love Brisbane for homes and jobs, but even then you have to go North to San Francisco or South to San Mateo just to do your groceries or have lunch or dinner out.
Hi Joel,

First of all I need to understand your question. As to what your needs are? Are you looking to relocate to San Mateo, because of better school districts, better business opportunities, better weather, larger community, centrally located to either Santa Clara County (Silicon Valley), San Francisco, San Mateo Bridge (East Bay Access). Oh, by the way we already have a Burlingame Avenue and tons of restaurants, movie theaters, artists, etc… Also we are very close to major Shopping centers (Hillsdale, Stanford, Tanforan). Yes Brisbane has a high number of Techies and Bio Techies living around there but I can tell you that every time I do an open house around San Mateo, Burlingame, Hillsborough, Foster City, Millbrae, I always see those Techies wanting to move more toward the South. I wonder why??? If you need me to send you some listings in the San Mateo Area please do not hesitate to contact me at zoey.tolu@gobhg.com or Cell (650) 619-3379.
I hope this is answering your question.