Sarah, Renter in North Richland Hills,...

How do you tell if a house has sold?

Asked by Sarah, North Richland Hills, TX Sat May 4, 2013

I'm following some houses on Trulia. The listing price on a couple of them have disappeared and they now say "public record" instead of "for sale/resale". Does this mean they sold? Is there away to tell?

Answers

10
Dear Sarah,

It seems you are captivated by all the information available to people on the internet these days. And yet, you are not getting the full picture, so you are frustrated. That can and should be resolved by a Realtor. If you are "following some houses", then why are you not talking to a good Realtor? We don't bite. Honest.

I have been selling houses in NRH for 33 years, and I live just off of Rufe Snow, so I know the area and the market like the back of my hand. Call me or email be directly, and I will guide you through the complicated process of buying a house. You will not only get all your questions answered, but there will be no surprises at closing.

You've got nothing to lose by contacting me. There is no up front fee, and my commission is paid by the seller after we close on a property. I will get you CURRENT information on any house you are interested in. These kind of websites are not up to date, but my data is. Why not let me help you?

I have many hundreds of satisfied customers, and will be glad to give you references if you desire. I also offer additional services, such as credit repair assistance, low rates on electric bills when you hook up your utilities, and a roladex full of numbers for contractors who can help you with almost any project.

I look forward to meeting you soon!

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

Email: RickDeVoss@Realtor.com
==========================
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Hi Sarah,
Use a list of homes that are for sale that is updated daily, like the one attached to this email.
It can be very frustrating and a waste of time doing the search yourself. This list updates itself daily without you doing anything.
Now you can search away fully knowing that Every home is still for sale, even if you don't use the search for a month from now, it will still only reflect Homes That Are STILL for Sale.
Best wishes,
Lloyd
Web Reference: http://bit.ly/17qZaS0
Hi Trulia Home Buyer,

If you are just a Lookie Loo wanting more info, don't bother reading further.

However, if you are serious about finding a New or Resale Home, in the best school district, at the best price then click here on the link.

Lloyd Martin
Hi Trulia Home Buyer,

However, if you are serious about finding a New or Resale Home, in the best school district, at the best price then click here >>> More Information

Lloyd Martin
The best way is to call a Realtor.

As Trulia is not tied to the MLS, but an Agent has to upload information, and
when s/he remembers change the status.

Perry
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
That probably means they sold.
We can check for you.
If they are off the market, normally they are sold, but it could be that the owner changed their minds, or had the property for sale or lease and leased it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Good Afternoon Sarah
Based on what you are saying , the home has either sold or less likely these days been taken off the market. My question for you is why are you following houses on Trulia? Are you thinking of buying or selling? A REALTOR could probably save you a great deal of time either way. I suggest you pick up the phone and give one a call. Best of luck to you!

John Straub
817-729-4281
john@dfwfamilyrealty.com

http://www.dfwfamilyrealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Trulia doesn't always have the most up to date information about homes. Neither do the other consumer sites since they get their info from MLS information. If it doesn't sale for sale then it has probably sold. The only true way to know the true picture of a home you may be interested in is to call me! I am a North Richland Hills resident and Realtor here.
Amy Steele
817-470-8043
Cities Brokerage
http://www.SteeleOfALifetime.com
http://www.CitiesRealEstate.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
It may a bit of work, but if you do not feel comfortable asking a local real estate professional, you can also look up the property using public record. Most counties allow online public record searches. you may want to start at the assessors web site, or call you local assessor and ask what web page allows for the public record searches.

Hope that helps!

David Rudd
Kindred Real Estate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Honestly?

Yes, there is a way "to tell".

You can't rely on the internet for accurate information.

If you really want to know about any home ..... what it may have sold for....or if it's still for sale, or off the market - ask a local Realtor.

Email or call - they will be happy to answer your questions regarding the current status.

Best wishes.........
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013