Home Buying in Dallas County>Question Details

Johnny Mowad, Real Estate Pro in Dallas, TX

How do you select your agent and what attributes are you looking for in your agent?

Asked by Johnny Mowad, Dallas, TX Wed Dec 19, 2012

Answers

1
Johnny,
I love your question and wished more buyers asked the same thing. Most buyers work with someone without considering their qualifications beyond having a license. Licensing requirements are the minimum requirements anyone should consider.
How many years have you been in Real Estate? How many transactions do you close annually? What background or skills do you have that I should consider when choosing an agent? Do you hold any additional certifications? Can you provide some references that can help me make my choice?
I'm not in your market, so I'll spare you my resume', but when people are making the largest financial decision of their life, I'm shocked how little time they put into researching their agent/broker.
Along with everything else, you need to feel this person is worthy of your trust and confidence. If you wouldn't trust them with a briefcase of your money, equal to what the home you are buying would cost, why would you trust them with your business?
I hope this was helpful and you find a great house.