Home Buying in Westchester>Question Details

mcohen, Both Buyer and Seller in Los Angeles, CA

How do you see Westchester going in the next (5) years?

Asked by mcohen, Los Angeles, CA Thu May 22, 2014

There is no city center or central shopping except for the area right near LAX. Will Westchester become a cute town, like Culver City?

Answers

5
Westchester is a GREAT location, in proximity to many things such as the beach, shopping, the airport, etc.
However, I have a more negative view for the future of Westchester. The constant airplanes flying overhead have been a huge deal breaker for people that I have shown condos to in that area.
There are plenty of areas surrounding Westchester that are great choices like Playa Del Rey.
That's just my opinion, hope that helps!
I think the value will continue to increase , I'm not sure if it will become a "cute" city like the the city of Culver City ,but I'm pretty sure the city will become better & better over the next few years.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 25, 2014
Westchester is a lovely area with many well cared for properties. It remains one of the most reasonable neighborhoods in the West Los Angeles area. There are several shopping areas that service Westchester.

As far as future plans for a cohesive "downtown" area, there is always discussion about this at the city meetings. I think it would be a great idea, and increase property values for the neighborhood. If you buy in the area, you can join the discussion about this.

Culver City had a budget for this when the re development agency made the sweeping changes in Culver City only five years ago. It surely can be done, in any area
I see Westchester continuing to be a very desirable community due its location, affordability and being surrounded by higher priced areas. Its location with easy access to the beach, downtown, colleges and the westside makes it very convenient for work and pleasure. Westchester has shopping areas by LAX on Sepulveda Boulevard and also on Lincoln Boulevard. It is also adjacent to Playa Vista which will have a very extensive shopping center/area that is now in construction.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 13, 2014
Allot more Large homes. Crime going up. Losing the sense of "community" that I grew up with in this community, neighbors don't know each other nor do many of them have the time. The area has had a rash of burglaries right before the area became so in demand.

Less privacy and less communication between neighbors. Allot more technology in home protection. Possibly portions of the community forming gated areas, HOA's taking charge of security and upkeep. Most everyone in Westchester has a gardener.

Shopping: it is getting better for bargain stores, but not many higher end boutique type stores. Even locally, nearby there isn't much.