Home Buying in 02139>Question Details

pamela_golds…, Home Buyer in Cambridge, MA

How do you know that house that is listed is already under agreement or actually has been sold?

Asked by pamela_goldstein, Cambridge, MA Mon Sep 17, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Heath Coker’s answer
Actually, Esmerelda Fruit must have had a bad apple.
In the info we are able to send, all that is needed is a request to include the UA and/or Sold properties and Voila - they come to your email when they happen.
A good relationship with a local professional is usually faster and more helpful than website that sells leads.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 2, 2012
When a property goes under agreement, the listing agent is responsible to notify MLSPIN, which is the primary Multiple Listing Service in Massachusetts. Sometimes listing agents are too busy to promptly update the system. Simply call any buyer-broker and ask him or her to personally contact the listing agent to verify the listing status. Most professional buyer-brokers will provide this service for free.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 31, 2012
Unlike all the people with ulterior motives who answered below, I am not a realtor, ergo I am not angling to get business from you. This is what I did. The best way to find out about whether a house is under agreement or sold is to sign up at Redfin. (I am not affiliated with it in any way - I use their web site because they have the most comprehensive information, including stuff that most of these brokers below won't show you on THEIR web sites. If you specify that you want to see houses under agreement or sold, that'll come up in your listings. I usually know this information - because I keep up with the houses I'm interested in - before a broker does, because a broker only looks at a place when someone asks.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 24, 2012

Honestly the best possible source of infomation is through a Realtor and the MLS ( Multiple Listing Service) which is the database that agents use. Many of the .com websites have poor or inacurate data due. This can be caused by data entry errors or a slow feed from the MLS system. Honestly this year the Cambridge market is on fire and good properties in good locations are sold extremely quick.

I hope this answer helps
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
We list whether a property is UA or Sold on our website: Territory.com
If you find the property you will see the status on the upper left corner of the property picture.

Otherwise shoot us an email with the address and we will let you know, no strings attached.

Territory.com, Massachusetts Real Estate Agency for Buyer's
Web Reference: http://territory.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 17, 2012
Hi Pamela,

The best way?
Call me!
...or send me an email.
I can usually tell you on the spot or, if you prefer, you can receive an email alert as soon as the information is known.

RE/MAX Destiny
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 17, 2012
Hi Pamela

Unfortunately, services like Trulia and Zillow are often out of date with the information they publish on their websites. The best way to keep abreast of the current state of the market is to maintain a good working relationship with a broker you trust, one who specializes in the area you are targeting, and to let that broker keep you posted on new listings, price reductions and status changes. Some types of property, such as multi family houses and also a number of single family homes sell very quickly in Cambridge and Somerville, and many do so with multiple offers and predetermined deadlines for submitting an offer. A good agent will keep you posted on a regular basis, so that you don't miss out on that perfect property that you've been waiting for!

Hope that helps!

Tom von Zabern
RE/MAX Destiny
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 17, 2012
Hello Pamela,

all properties are flagged in mls when they are under agreement. If you are looking to buy a property your buyers agent can tell you this, and if you do not have one you should hire one to assist you and it does not cost you anything. If we can be of assistance contact us. Good luck with your search. Wen - info@wenrealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 17, 2012
Just ask! I would be more than happy to help. :)
Web Reference: http://www.MatAmes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 17, 2012

How are you? The way you are able to identify a property is under agreement or sold if not clearly indicated online is by asking a realtor. Did you have a property in mind? Please feel free to email with mls id or address!

Best regards,

Peter J. Mlaguzi
M&A Real Estate
O:617-588-0087 x701
Follow us on twitter: @MandArealestate
Like us on Fb: http://www.facebook.com/MARealEstateInc
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 17, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer