Home Buying in Myakka City>Question Details

Rdubbs, Home Buyer in Myakka City, FL

How do you go about finding info & ways to by a house that has been listed "in default" on a popular website?

Asked by Rdubbs, Myakka City, FL Wed May 27, 2009

I have had my eye on a house that is going under foreclosure, it has been listed as in default on the website "realtytrac" and has the rumor going around of them so called loosing the house through the divorce and just waiting for the bank to take it. What is the process it goes through before it gets listed for sale, and what do i have to do to get information about it selling on the court steps, becoming a short sale, going strait to the bank, ect, and how long does that whole process usually take? We are really interested in buying a piece of property with some acreage, and are willing to wait for the right one, but also know how important is to buy, and close on a house before DEC 31 for the tax credit. And would like to find out the best way to go about getting one like this. And is there any way to find out what there loan amount is to now how much they owe to offer?
ALSO-Are we still elib. for the Credit if we buy 5 acres and put a mobile home one it? THANK U!! SO MUCH!