Home Buying in Waco>Question Details

jansmith62, Renter in Waco, TX

How do you find rent to own property?

Asked by jansmith62, Waco, TX Fri Sep 28, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Waco

Answers

2
Jan,

Lease with an option to purchase are not illegal in Texas. In fact, they are done all the time, My wife and I's first property was purchased as a "Lease with Option to Purchase," the transaction went great and the house was beautiful and ours! If I were to change anything, I'd want to have a licensed real estate agent to hold my hand through the process. I'd love to do that for you, please phone me if you'd like assistance! (254) 577-4089

Travis
Jan,
Rent to own or lease options are very specialized situations regarding the seller and owner.
In the Great State of Texas, these arrangement, as commonly practiced, are prohibited.
In those areas where such arrangements are legal, and as commonly practiced, rarely result in the home changing ownership and the potential buyer exiting much poorer than when they began.

There is no substitute for investing the time and discipline to become qualified for the low interest loans current available and will likely endure for some time.

If this is not an option, you would be well served to have a discussion with a multi-dimensional real estate consultant. You are not looking for a real estate sales person but a transaction architect, a consultant with more than one tool to work with.

You will not find such properties on a public access website. You will need to be on the agents 'A-List' before any agent will invest the considerable effort to find the situation that will work for you.