Diesel, Home Buyer in Livermore Falls, ME

How do you find property you can buy for back taxes that are owed?

Asked by Diesel, Livermore Falls, ME Sun Jun 28, 2009

a fixer upper, old farm, with three to four acers or so, not to far from town. able to have few animals. not rocky , or on all hill

Help the community by answering this question:


I believe that the old Red Barn Farm outside of strong may be for sale. It had a sign the other day, but that could have been kids messing with it too...At one point this winter they had a giant stuffed dog hanging out of the windows. The original Farm burned down many years ago, and all that is still standing is the old barn. Check with the Strong Town Clerk. She's very helpful. There is also an Old Farm house across the street from me in Madrid. The owner is a collector of Property and I don't know if he would sell it or not, but he also owns the Texaco Station in Philliips. The Property is located on Huntington Road. The Old house still stands, but I don't think it's liveable. Good Luck! If you decide you want a camp instead of a farm...ours is for sale too....lol...

Have a great day!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 9, 2010
Hi Diesel- I answered your other question also.
You have to call each town hall/ assessor's office that you are interested in and ask them flat out if they have any houses available via Tax Title, or a Tax Sale. Then they can send you info- if they have any.
Many towns do have 1-3 that they are trying to sell.
Usually they do it via a sealed bid// auction style. The minimum they would take is whatever the balance owed is to the town, including water and sewer fees and any late fees, penalties, etc.
Also check with the country registry of deeds to make sure there are no OTHER liens on the property you want to bid on.
Just my advice. Thanks and good luck,
Ken L.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 6, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer