Home Buying in Claremont>Question Details

Sara, Home Buyer in Mesa, AZ

How do you feel about Claremont, CA - and when/where would you suggest to buy?

Asked by Sara, Mesa, AZ Wed Mar 26, 2008

Answers

2
Sara !!!

Claremont is a great place. All communities have good and bad.

Drive around and if you see a house you like send me the address and as a agent and state licensed appraiser I'll tell you what its really worth, not what they are asking.....

I am willing to be the realtor of choice for you if you do not already have one. It is of no cost to you. You can send me an email and give me your contact information. I can email you homes in your price range and go from there.

I look forward to working with you. And, if you already have an agent, I wish you the best of luck in your home search!

David Krecker, BSBA, SRA, MRA
Centuryside Real Estate Inc.
David Krecker
Broker/Owner/State License Appraiser
Office 562-690-6987
Fax: 562-690-7337
Serving the areas of Whittier, La Habra, La Mirada, Brea, Hacienda Heights, Orange County, Los Angeles County, San Bernardino, and Riverside.

Email: dave@centuryside.com
Website: http://www.centuryside.com
Web Reference: http://www.centuryside.com
I love Claremont, CA. It is number 5 in the CNN's best places to live.

5. Claremont, Calif.
Population: 35,900
Median home price (2006): $643,549
Average property taxes (2006): $2,834
Pros: Tight-knit community with topnotch schools
Cons: Poor air quality, high home prices

Thirty miles east of Los Angeles, Claremont came into its own in the early 20th century after the founding of Pomona College. Streets were named after prestigious East Coast schools, and residents were encouraged to plant trees.

Today, Claremont is called the City of Trees and Ph.D.s. The city has won the National Arbor Day Foundation's Tree City USA award for 19 straight years, and Pomona is part of a prestigious consortium known as the Claremont Colleges.

The downtown is a mix of hip boutiques and old-school businesses. And the historic College Heights Lemon Packing House is now home to the Claremont Art Museum, restaurants, a jazz bar and artists' lofts. And relative to much of California, it's affordable (emphasis on "relative").

It is hard to suggest to someone where to live. It depends on what you are trying to accomplish with your purchase, is it an investment, do you want it close to work, is it temporary or is it permanent, do you enjoy night life ----- there are so many questions.

But I love Claremont. All my children attend school in Claremont and I love the schools as well.