Home Buying in San Jose>Question Details

Michelle Car…, Real Estate Pro in Cupertino, CA

How do you feel Trulia is different from Zillow and Realtor.com?

Asked by Michelle Carr-Crowe, Cupertino, CA Mon Aug 26, 2013

What do you like better about Trulia than either Zillow or Realtor.com? And how do you think Trulia can improve to compete better with Zillow or Realtor.com?

Answers

7
I like the Q&A platform available on Trulia, but from what I've seen there isn't much activity from consumers (at least in my town of Chico, CA). I personally like the Trulia app and the opportunity to "check-in" while viewing homes.

What Realtor.com does well, is provide up to date information that we can count on to be accurate. It also has a great feature for automated emails and an app that is very user-friendly. I feel like Zillow has a lot of information available, but I am hesitant to direct clients to the site because oftentimes it is very inaccurate.
I agree with Terri. The number of rental scams is diluting the consumer trust of this site.

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
619-929-0105
Trulia question and answer platform is very good. Most agents who participate are professional and knowledgeable. Where they can improve is on the listings, specifically the rentals. Scammers are diluting the trust of those seeking active valid listings. If Trulia were to charge for rental advertisement or only pull from participating MLS and verified licensees that would give more confidence to the consumer.

Zillow was best known for its Zestimate which as we agents know, can not be relied upon as gospel, it does give a consumer a range to consider.

Realtor.com, I understand, pulls its listings direct from participating MLS so the information should be more accurate.
Realtor.com has updated listings. Trulia offers the best question and answer platform. Zillow is best used for market valuations and histories.
I think trulia has a better platform for asking questions and getting answers from professionals. I do advertise on Zillow and close business through those leads.
Trulia and Zillow have a lot of information. The problem is that is is not very accurate. Realtor.com has less information but as a realtor, the information is mostly accurate and up to date. There seems to only be listings from Realtors on Realtor .com and on trulia and Zilow you have listings from everyone. Who polices the information on Zillow and Trulia to assure it is accurate and up to date? As an agent I prefer Realtor.com because I know the information is accurate and I will get paid if I sell one of those listings.
Well, I think they've both won against Realtor.com. Move Inc., the parent company of Realtor.com, has a market valuation of about $600M, Trulia is at $1.4 billion and Zillow is at $3.3 billion.