Sam, Real Estate Pro in 06484

How do you cancel a agent buyers agreement?

Asked by Sam, 06484 Mon Jan 16, 2012

Answers

4
Greetings, the agreement is cancelled in writing via a signed notice from you to the broker of record who the agent works under. I have those notices available to my clients.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 17, 2012
I'm not sure how it was written up, but typically you can contact the agent's principle broker and get the contract terminated.
Sam,
Review you written agreement and look for the cancellation section for guidance. If you can't find it discuss it with your agent and ask what the procedure is. You can also request to speak to the managing broker of the office to find out details. If none of the above work for you, contact your real estate attorney and ask for assistance.

Gary Geer

http://www.GaryGeer.com
Sam if you are referring to a buyer agents business agreement, you need to read through your documents and see the clause that pertains to that. If the agent isn't willing to cancel and you have exhausted all communication with that individual, contact that agent's manager/supervisor. They may re-assign a different agent, or terminate any previous agreement. Depends on people involved and circumstances for terminating your buyer agency agreement.

Best of luck, sorry you are experiencing this situation,

Rob Hughes-Long and Foster- RE INC.