Yen Ming Put…, Home Buyer in Oak Park, IL

How do i get in touch with real estate brokers?

Asked by Yen Ming Putnam, Oak Park, IL Fri Dec 28, 2007

Answers

8
Oak Park is a little different than other areas for the fact that local agencies dominate the market and they don't allow for sale signs. Baird & Warner is a large privately owned company based in downtown Chicago with a premier office in downtown Oak Park. My experience with them is not good because of management and lack of training. (Yet, across Chicagoland they have one of the best reputations.) However, Pat McGowan is so good that she should be on her own and management lets her do her own thing. The other two top Real Estate Agencies are Gloor and Pilgrim. I interviewed the top agents for each of those locations and they didn't strike me as top agents, only typical. I think the typical Oak Park agent is below average, making the average agent appear to be good. Compared to top agents outside Oak Park, they are weak.

The problem with Oak Park Real Estate agents is that they are very protective and they don't like outside agents. Even someone like Lorne Frank of Sotherbys who lives in Oak Park but works in Chicago is seen as an outsider. You are lucky to be the buyer, not the seller in Oak Park. You shouldn't have any difficulty working with YOUR chosen Buyers agent. You need to find someone with NEGOTIATING skills.

Here are my recommendations of who to interview:
Pat McGowan, Baird & Warner, 708-445-9090
Lorne Frank, Sotheby's, 312-520-2823
Linda McCroy & AJ Chandler, Coldwell Banker Sprafka, 708-383-8700
Patti Pereyra, a Top Voice here on Trulia, Keller Williams, 773.769.2500

Ruth
Web Reference: http://www.Oak-Park-IL.com
Ruthless, Other/Just Looking in 60558
Talk to your friends and family to see their experiences with a realtor. Be sure the realtor your choose is full time. Check out their track record. See how they return your calls. Ask about the home buying process. Are they going to take you out on tours and save you time? Or are they going to expect you find the home and then write up the offer. Their job is to also help in the home search.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 9, 2009
Yen. The BBB in that area is always a good starting point to look for realtors. Please contact me if you are in need of a mortgage. 630-330-2229. Good Luck!
Whoops, I left off Gagliardo Realty as one of the big local agencies. Between Gagliardo Realty, Gloor and Pilgrim, I think one is River Forest.
Ruth
Ruthless, Other/Just Looking in 60558
I would ask your friends and neighbors first to give you some suggestions. I have referred agents in other parts of the country to my friends and family. Being in the business, I can search to find them someone I think they will fit with. An Accredited Buyer Agent (ABR) is a Realtor that specializes in buyers agency and will help you find the best home for you.
Web Reference: http://www.669sold.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2007
Web Reference: http://www.669sold.com
Phones, emails, walk into a real estate office..... all would work :) I'd probably skip the CB radio and semaphore, not too many folks have CB's and semaphore needs line of sight :).
Sorry I couldn't resist, I'd actually talk to friends, neighbors, co-workers for suggestions then call and sit down and interview them. We actually try to be very approachable.

Hope that helps,
Web Reference: http://www.Medfordhouse.com
Depends on what u want them to do for you. Buying/selling a home, Selling a service or product?
Try Realtor.com.