Lgpcn, Home Buyer in 92203

How do find what communities within the 92203 zip code have Mello Roos?

Asked by Lgpcn, 92203 Sat Mar 10, 2012

I live in 92203 and there are no mello roos in Bermuda Dunes Country Club and the HOA fees in this gated community are only $145 per month and this includes Cable TV with HBO & Showtime and all music channels. This applies to homes only that are within the seven gated areas and excludes those homes and condos that are in secondary gated or have their own private HOA.

Most of the homes built after 1999 and north of I-10 have mello roos. I believe there are 21 subdivisions and approx 18 of the 21 have mello roos. TEAM WHEELER has access to all that information and we would love the opportunity to show you the communities without mello roos. We can be reached at: 760.409.7630 or ZekeTerri@Team-Wheeler.com.
They all have mello roos to pay for schools and such. If house is over 30 years old then there are no mello roos anymore as that property has already paid their share. For instance . If you buy a house that is ten years old ...then you will have to pay mello roos for 20 more years. It is priced by square foot of the home. A smaller sq ft has smaller mello roos.
Contact a Realtor with the properties you are interested in and the will be able to help you. They can research the properties and find out which ones have Mello Roos.
The easiest way is to contact me on which properties you are interested in. I will research them for you and let you know.
Web Reference: http://www.desert-mls.com
Each property is different, however there are some GENERAL rules of thumb and you check by property address.
rules of thumb: General - That means not always.
1. most newer homes have them usually built newer than 2000. this does not mean buying a 1999 avoids the rule you always need to check.
2. the homes in one subdivision are generally similar to each other. subdivision, - thing 1/4 mile increments by larger streets.
3. check to see what the tax bill is,... https://taxpayments.co.riverside.ca.us/Search.aspx

Harold Sharpe - Broker
So Cal Homes Realty
(951) 821-8211
California Department of Real Estate Broker License # 01312992