Home Buying in Northbrook>Question Details

I.Y., Home Owner in Northbrook, IL

How do I remove pictures of my home from Trulia after closing? I bought my home in 2011 and the pictures are still up on Trulia.

Asked by I.Y., Northbrook, IL Thu Jun 20, 2013

I have asked they seller's realtor to remove it and they said they didn't put it up on Trulia originally and therefore are not able to request to have it removed.

Answers

5
Feel free to contact trulia customer Service directly at 888-466-3501 & a representative will assist you in removing the pictures & listing.

They typically answer quickly & the representatives are knowledgable & helpful.

I also called and spoke to the nicest woman. She assured me they will be off within 24 hours. Wish I had known 2 years ago how to do this.
Flag Tue Jul 7, 2015
Thanks you! I have given them a call and they told me it should be removed in about 20 minutes.
Flag Fri Jun 21, 2013
You can try contacting customer service directly http://www.trulia.com/help/ask/ Keep in mind that photos may appear on other sites as well....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 20, 2013
Why would you want them removed?
I called 888-466-3501 twice but no one answer the phone. Just machine answer and ask to wait forever. I ask them to remove my new purchase home photos on their contact page and get a case f #1802816 but still no one to remove the photos for me.
Flag Tue Jan 28, 2014
They are correct. Homes you see on Trulia appear without the agents knowledge or permission.If the agent does not have a Trulia account, they can not remove it.
-
Your home very likely appears on hundreds if not thousands of websites containing real estate data.
During the listing conversation with the listin agent, the seller was asked, "Do you wanted to promote your home in the internet on aggregare websites"" Many folks actually think real buyers exist on Trulia and Zillow and resond "YES." What you are expereincing is the result of a YES resonse. It is not reasonable to expect an agent to have an account on hundreds of not thousands of aggregare websites simply to police what these folks are doing. Imagine how much time that would take. Then comes the reality that many of the data fields are restriced from agent access so they may not be able to edit or delete after all the effort.
-
Now, when you talk to your friends who are thinking of selling or when you are ready to sell your home, all of you should give serious thought to promoting on the internet (aggregage websites) and have your agent discuss the better alternatives. Your home is on hundreds of websites....forever.
In this case, you should contact your attorney.
But the Truia staff may remove it before you have a chance to do anything meaningful.
-
Hi, the listing agent can delete it or you may contact trulia directly.