Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

Terri Siegel, Home Buyer in Oxnard, CA

How do I recoup my losses for what I paid (stated in the tenant agreement)? And- how can illegal zoning continue for 27 years?

Asked by Terri Siegel, Oxnard, CA Mon Sep 30, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


The City doesn't go house to house checking if people renting their guest houses or garages. Someone had to report the owner to the city for the inspector to come out. If the owners would've gotten caught, your landlord would've been forced to relocate you and that would terminate your lease agreement. What losses are you trying to collect? You are not entitled for your rental money back if that's what you're after whether the property is zoned for that extra rental unit or not.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 30, 2013
Why are there losses? You paid to live there?
It may have become illegal after the fact. (Zoning changed after its development) No requirement to make changes or fixes until you attempt to remodel or add on.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 30, 2013
Please email me directly & explain your situation in more detail, your question lacks info & is confusing.

Regarding illegal zoning going on for 27yrs. Anything going on that long, although it may technically be illegal, is obviously not bothering anyone else, hence, after almost 3 decades "it" is still continuing.

Please shoot me an email directly or give me a call, I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for Answers or Replies, after mine.

Emily S. Knell
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 30, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer