Home Buying in Point Place>Question Details

Shannon Horo…, Home Buyer in Toledo, OH

How do I receive a disclosure sheet for a property?

Asked by Shannon Horosewski, Toledo, OH Wed Oct 23, 2013

We have found several properties we are interested in. It was suggested to me by family to get disclosure sheets for them so we can compare specs and narrow our list. Is there a web site we can go to? Do we have to contact the Realtor listed?

Help the community by answering this question:


Shannon, I am a business owner in Point Place as well as a Realtor. I would love to help you narrow down your search and explain the disclosure sheet to you if you have not already found a realtor to work with yet.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013
Disclosures sheet are available from the listing agent or have your agent get them for you -would be better and save you time--some times they are available on line but most are not and REPOs do not have any disclosures. I suggest getting the paper disclosues after you visit the home and have some interest in the home. The State disclosues tell about issues or past problems with the home. They do not tell about room sizes or sqft of the home or property taxes on the home--this would be the listing brochure.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
You should have your own buyers agent working with you. The listing agent already works in the best interest of the seller. Your buyers agent is paid by the seller already. In my area the property disclosures are available to Realtors® who are members of the MLS.
If you need a buyers agent in the area let me know and I can help find one for you. I would recommend looking for an ABR® they have taken the extra time, classes and tests to earn the buyers representative accreditation .
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
You should contact a buyer's agent. Then tell them the parameters you're looking for. They will do the searching for you and provide you with all of the properties that fit that description. First, if you aren't paying cash, you should look into getting prequalified for financing before calling on a Realtor. The Realtors will want to know how much you're qualified for (what your max purchase price is) so they can take that into consideration when they perform their search. If I can answer any other questions, I'd be happy to help. Best wishes otherwise, Kim Lawson, Ohio Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator (I visit Toledo often). Contact and licensing information can be found on my profile.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
I should add, I am a real estate agent I'm the Toledo market as well as the Findlay market.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
Are you represented by a Realtor? If so, then ask him/her to get them for you. If you do not have a Realtor, please get one to represent you. DO NOT have the listing agent write the contract if you decide to purchase as they have a fiduciary responsibility to the seller and cannot represent your best interests.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
Shannon, I am happy to help you out. if you want to send me an email or give me a call I am a buyers only agent and will be happy to assist you in the home burying process! :-)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer