Helping A Fr…, Home Buyer in Porterville, CA

How do I really get previous home owener out for good.?

Asked by Helping A Friend In Need, Porterville, CA Mon May 18, 2009

WE bought a home and it was titeled on 12/07/08 and we are still spending aot of money getting this previouse owner out. Been to court twice and the judge favors his rights. he's been there two years whie we fought for the titie and we took it out of forcouser twice now it's going for the third time. I just want him out for good.

Answers

2
Romel Ambarchyan, Attorney/Broker, Glendale, CA

The only way to get a tenant out for good is through the court system. An unlawful detainer needs to be filed and served on the holdover tenant/previous owner. What this will do is start the eviction process. The process can last anywhere between 2 months and longer (depending on whether the tenant fights the proceedings or not). With that said you would need to consult with an attorney for more information.

Romel Ambarchyan (818)230-3220
Hi Helping A Friend,

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. Unfortunately, you're passed the stage that any Realtor or Broker can assist other than recommending that you seek legal help, which I'm sure you have already done. What does your lawyer recommend is your next step? Have you considered seeking a second opinion? For the life of me I'm unable to wrap my my brain around what this judge is thinking since you reported that title has changed into your name. What rights does he or she think this former owner has? A contract is a contract. I wish I had more to suggest, but I would start with seeking a second opinion. Best of luck.

Matt