Home Buying in Oak Park>Question Details

sobeellens, Home Buyer in Oak Park, IL

How do I reach the HOAs in some of these buildings to ask about their monthly assessments?

Asked by sobeellens, Oak Park, IL Wed Jul 24, 2013

Add some detail about your question

Answers

3
The phone numbers are listed on the Full report Realtor copy in the Realtor MLS, so the easiest and best way is to ask your own Realtor to give you the # or call for you.
If you are looking to buy a condo, you should request help from a Realtor. A real estate agent can get all the answers you need from each condo building for you. You can sit back and relax while the Realtor provides you with all the information you need to purchase your new home. The best part is that you do not pay anything for us to help you.

If you would like for me to get your questions answered by the HOAs, feel free to contact me anytime.

Angel Cooper, Realtor
Call or Text: 847-409-1729
Email: 2NewHomeAngel@gmail.com
Royal Service Realty Elite Properties
Lombard, IL
Hi, sobeellens. It is often difficult to get in touch with the Homeowners Association or management company for specific properties. But, if you're looking at a specific building or unit to purchase, the monthly assessments should be on the listing.

If you find one you like, make a bid, and get an accepted offer, you have an attorney review period (usually 5 business days). During that time your attorney will request more specific information about the HOA including:

A copy of the HOA's declarations & bylaws and Rules & Regs, which essentially govern what is permissible in the building such as pet restrictions, owner occupancy requirements, etc.

A copy of the financials for the Association which will help you find out whether they building has the financial wherewithal to fund any repairs or maintenance required;

You will also be able to find out if there are any special assessments planned for the current / future year.

If you're not currently working with an agent, I would be happy to answer any other questions you might have about condos.

Feel free to contact me at patti.mcguinness@bairdwarner.com or by phone 708-917-7482.