Is the agent double ending the deal?
Did they send you a rejected offer? (if not)
Request the seller to reject your offer at the bottom of the Purchase Agreement.
You should of had your agent set up a meeting to negotiate face to face with the sellers.
I know that this is rare, but I always request that we submit the offer to the seller in person that way they can put a face on the offer (But, they always beat us with a higher offer) it would of been good if they accepted my client's offer as in this situation. LOL
I know it bites, but hopefully my input helps,
Jes Sierra, B.Sc.
Sorry to hear about your dilemma - I'm sure it is frustrating. Unfortunately, it is ultimately up to the seller to decide which offer to take, and there is no requirement that they take the first offer nor the highest dollar offer. Sometimes sellers will look at other factors when deciding whether to accept an offer, such as one buyer putting down a larger down payment than another, or one buyer having better credit scores than another. Based on what you posted, you sound like you were very strong in both these areas. Sorry to hear you didn't even get a counteroffer - unfortunately the seller's are not required to counter an offer, either. The listing agent IS REQUIRED, on the other hand, to present all offers to the seller, so I would hope that your highest offer was presented. Possibly the other offer was an all cash offer? Again, sorry about your situation... Good luck with your next offer & hang in there!
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Sherman Oaks, CA
I would guess that by the time you raised it $10,000 it was too late. The buyer and seller had probably already come to terms.