Gabriela, Home Buyer in Downers Grove, IL

How do I know if a property is for sale, there is contract, pre-foreclosure? etc. It also says "public records". First time buyer.

Asked by Gabriela, Downers Grove, IL Tue Jan 29, 2013

Answers

13
Evelyn Santiago’s answer
The best way to find out is to align yourself with a realtor that has access to the MLS. It has the latest information on a listing that is for sale and our site is updated in minutes when there is a contract or change of status on the listing. There are many pre-foreclosures that are advertised on various websites that are not actually for sale - only a public notice of a mortgage default (pre-foreclosure) has been filed.

The homeowners may not have made a decision on whether they are going to seek a loan modification, do a short sale or let the property go to an actual foreclosure sale.

I would be happy to add your preferences to an automatic search which will mail you the latest listings that meet your criteria. There is no charge for this service and you have your own website to preview the homes knowing that you have the latest information.

Your first step as a 1st time home buyer is to get pre-approved for a mortgage. This way you know exactly what price range you qualify for and not waste your time at looking for homes that you can't get financing for. I have a list of preferred lenders that I have used in the past that I can mail you to get that pre-approval. With today's constantly changing and stricter lending standards this is your first step before even finding a professional realtor to assist you on your search.

Feel free to contact me and good luck on your search for your new home!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 29, 2013
I recommend working with a licensed realtor and they can help answer these questions about specific properties through the MLS system. I know several that will help if you want to contact me.

For mortgage help, call (855) 893-1177 or email for a free pre-approval in less than 10 minutes. We lend our own money and are licensed in 49 states and you can apply online at http://www.myccmortgagebn.com. We can do: FHA, Conventional, USDA, VA, HARP, Interest Only, Home Equity, Fixed, and Variable. Find out which product is right for you by calling Brad at (855) 893-1177.

Brad Neumann
Branch Manager
Crosscountry Mortgage Inc.
Phone: (855) 893-1177
Email: bneumann@myccmortgage.com
NMLS# 948036
Hi Gabriela! A real estate professional has access the Multiple Listing Service. This has the most up to date information on current listings. I would be happy to help you with your search. I specialize in first time home buyers!
Find a realtor in your town and they can show you wants for sale of find foreclosures for you. Once a sale is completed it is always open to the public for viewing at your town hall.
The MLS would be the most reliable way to find out. Your local realtor will have access to that. They also can go on the public records to find out if it is a pre-foreclosure or not. I would recommend contacting one in your area and asking them about the properties you are interested in. They will be able to tell you very quickly the status of the properties. If the properties you are interested in are or are not available, they will be able to help you in your search for a new place.
If you are working with a Real Estate Broker, that agent will see all properties listed and if they are a regular sale, short sale, or foreclosure. We can also see if the property has previously been on the market and what it sold for. It's good to work with a Real Estate Boker as homes that are priced right and are a good value have been selling quickly. Let me know if I can help you through the home buying process are 630-854-6512
Gabriela,
Did you get the information you needed? If not feel free to contact me and I will research any proprty you have a question about and get you the answers without any obligation or charge.

Gary Geer
Results Realty USA
Working with a real estate agent can guide you through the entire process. We have the access to all of the information on properties. I would love to help you! Please call me 630-631-2492.
The best way to obtain accurate information on real estate is to contact a Real Estate Broker in your area. While other web sites can provide general information as to available property, they are often not accurate .Some are better than others, however, the best source is the Multiple Listing Service that Brokers pay a fee to subscribe to and participate in. This information is continuously updated. I work in the Downers Grove area as well as the Western Suburbs, in fact I have a listing on Hawkins Ave. in Downers Grove. I would be happy to work with you. Call me at 30-788-9298.
As of today, there are 55 detached houses (as opposed to condos, townhomes) for sale in Woodridge. Attached homes for sale are also plentiful and mortgage rates are still at historic lows. I'd love to work for you to find a home. Check out my website: http://www.elenaotaylor.com It's a wonderful time to become a home owner!
Web Reference: http://www.elenaotaylor.com
The most accurate source is by having a realtor check the MLS (Multiple Listing Service). We can also access tax records for the property. Man of the secondary real estate sites (eg; Zillow, Realtor,com, etc.) don't specify if a property is already under contract. I'd be happy to help you with any aspect of your search as I specialize in working with first time buyers and am very familiar with the area.
Gabriela,
Evelyn's advise is right on target. Find an agent in your area and have that person help you. You need someone who understands the market andhas experience working with First Time Buyers.

Gary Geer