Home Buying in Larkspur>Question Details

J.P., Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

How do I know if I should offer more or less than the listing price in Larkspur?

Asked by J.P., Tampa, FL Mon Apr 23, 2007

Is there a difference if I'm looking for a single family home versus a condo, or some other type of property?

Answers

2
Even with prices falling in other parts of the country, prices in Larkspur and Marin County are edging up. As for offering an amount, a good look at comparables of recent SOLDS and ACTIVES will tell you if the home is priced aggressively. A call to the listing agent will also tell you if any other offers are coming in. Finally, the number of Days on Market will tell you if the seller might be willing to accept a lower price. As for type of home, the market in condos is a little soft and more likely to work with a lower offer.
A good agent will advise the best way to make your offer. A multiple situation will encourage the price to go over asking. However, if you are the only offeror, you may be advised to try to negotiate. In this market, you may do better getting into Larkspur in a condo where the market is not as strong.