J.P., Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

How do I know if I should offer more or less than the listing price in Carroll Gardens?

Asked by J.P., Tampa, FL Mon Apr 23, 2007

Is there a difference if I'm looking for a single family home versus a condo, or some other type of property?

Answers

3
both of the above answers are hogwash. Always ask - where does the information come from and who benefits.... I've been watching home prices fall for two years straight - ask any agent/broker and they'll all say 'oh...it's bottomed out' - never trust an agent/broker - commission should be by sale, not percentage, then they might be motivated to sell for actual market value, which is 20% lower than asking price today - how do I know? follow the trend - 2002-2003 prices today fall in line with historic appreciation rates - don't be fooled by the middlemen...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 26, 2009
Also, ask yourself, how long has it been on the market. If it is priced right your agent should know that. If it has only been on a few days and you love it. Depending on your local market if homes are selling fast. Asking full price for a home you love is not unheard of. I am a realtor and when I bought my home I even asked for full price, it was still priced relatively low for the area and in the end it was a good investment.
In order to find a property in this neighborhood, it is important to register with a broker who has strong ties in the community. Properties are rarely discounted because of high demand, and condo's are more readily available than the rare brownstones and townhouses.